letter of recovery

Judicruise1

I am on a river cruise in June with an extension that ends in London.  I would like to be prepared in case I test positive for my flight to the United States.  How long do I have to wait to get a letter of recovery and where do I find a location to get this letter of recovery?  

Thanks for your help

The letter of recovery needs to be within 90 days of your departure from outside the country back to the U.S.  I don't see where it states explicitly how many days there must be between infection and the writing of the letter of recovery, or the boarding of the airplane.  But for a comparison, Celebrity will let you board a ship leaving the US, so long as you had an infection within 11-90 days prior to the sailing documented in a positive PCR test result, and you have a letter of recovery, and are fully vaccinated.  So I suppose this represents a generalization that you might take up to 10 days to recover (or at least be non-infectious) after a positive test result, and before being allowed on the ship.

Anyway, here is the CDC page on this subject: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#:~:text=If you recently recovered from,provider or a public health

Tom & Judy

The letter of recovery is not a problem, but I received a monocronal infusion, and will test positive for up to 90 days, also cannot receive an additional vaccine for at least 90 days. Our cruise begins on 19 June 22. Unsure if I will be admitted to France, any opinions?

13 hours ago, poppy jalopy said:

The letter of recovery is not a problem, but I received a monocronal infusion, and will test positive for up to 90 days, also cannot receive an additional vaccine for at least 90 days. Our cruise begins on 19 June 22. Unsure if I will be admitted to France, any opinions?

I see from another post that you will be on a Uniworld cruise.  Have you looked at the tool accessible through the Uniworld website?  https://www.uniworld.com/us/travel-requirements 

Seems like this can depend on what country you are coming from, whether you are fully vaccinated, when your last vaccine dose was, etc.  It looks as if France recognizes a Certificate of Recovery, but I can't tell if you need a positive PCR along with the Certificate of Recovery, as seems to be required elsewhere, including some ocean cruise lines and for returning to the US (if that is where you are from).  I would be very hesitant to rely on anybody who gives you a quick "yes" or "no" without looking at all the factors.

Tom & Judy