Anyone currently on the Jade for the Israel cruise?

_Mr.G_

We're sailing the Jade cruise to Israel from Athens at 8th of May 🙂

There is still so much confusion about the PCR test requirements, as can be seen here:

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/travel-requirements-by-country#israel

We would conclude that two PCR tests are needed, one from

"taken within 72 prior to embarkation"

and one from

"An additional negative NAAT (I.e. PCR) test result will be required before arriving to Israel. This test will be facilitated and paid for by Norwegian Cruise Line onboard."

?

I just had a chat with NCL about that and it did not bring any clearance.

So if anyone is here on that cruise currently: How was the boarding process? Are the antigen tests done at the terminal? Are PCR tests "from 72hrs prior to embarkation" checked and needed?

Are the Israel tours about to go given the current situation and political conflicts during Ramadan in Tel Aviv & Jerusalem?

Thanks!

• Like 1

We are presently on the Jade.  We were scheduled for the Covid tests by inspire,

on line, after arriving in Greece Saturday the day before the cruise. Unfortunately our flight from Chicago was canceled and we were put on another from Chicago to London. Then on to Athens after 7 hour lay over, so we arrived in Athens Sunday at 12:30 pm. Ship scheduled to leave at 6:30 and we had no tests.  Our luggage didn’t arrive so after reporting lost bag forms etc. we headed to the ship and arrived about 2 pm.  We had filled out the eurfins paperwork when we originally checked in for the cruise so we had our paperwork.  We immediately were tested, cleared and we’re on the ship within 30 minutes.  This was a very smooth process, we did not need the prior test.

Today we were given COVID tests for arrival in Israel.  There is a form to be filled out on line for arrival within 48 hrs for Israel. I have not been to get it submitted and have asked twice at customer service and have been told to just do screen shots.  We will be docking then reporting to Israel immigration for personal interview, then back to the ship.

I’ll report how this all goes.

Our bags are now at the Israel airport and are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.  So, they’ve made it to Israel before we have.

after the horrible start to this cruise with 48 hours of travel and lost bags we had a great day in Kusadasi.  We cancelled our excursion and found an English speaking cab driver, Hassan, who took us shopping for clothes and essentials.  He then basically took us on our own private excursion to Ephesus etc., we ended up having a great day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The PCR testing went smoothly. We were told to report to Bliss lounge in groups of about 200.  We were in group six and reported at 10 AM.  They administered the test which included a mouth swab and nostril swabs.  We then had a relaxing at sea day.

the next morning starting at 6:30 we were called by our same group numbers to exit the ship to the terminal for the in person immigration interview.  The form I had stress over was never mentioned.  She only asked if this was my first time in Israel and wished me a pleasant stay.  We then returned back to the ship and went on our excursion to Masada Mountain and the Dead Sea at 9 am.

At 9 pm our bags finally arrived at our room.  Happy days ahead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

So, from what I read there it says that two PCR tests are required. On from 72hrs prior to embarkation at self-cost and the one done on the ship provided by NCL.

@Ernstmfg Just out of curiosity - did you have a PCR test from prior to embarkation and did they check it when boarding?

Edited by _Mr.G_

MrG.  We had no test prior.  Arrived at the ship and was tested by erofins.  Very easy. They

swabbed us and we waited in a room until our number came up showing showing us negative.  Then gave us a wrist band to check into the ship.

The Masada excursion was excellent included a trip to the Dead Sea.  Take a bathing suit if you want to float in the Dead Sea. My wife had packed a suit, but because our bags were lost she only got to roll up her pants and walk in.  If you have any type of rubber shoes take them as the bottom is very rocky and hard on your feet.

• Thanks 2

I am sailing on the May 1 cruise to Israel.  NCL called everyone and advised us we would need a PCR test within 72 hours of sailing. It appears you will also need a antigen 24 hours prior to boarding and you will receive an antigen test before boarding.  On sea day, Tuesday, we will receive another PCR test for Israel.  Of course this is for sailing of May 1.  Restrictions have literally changed daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone on the Jade for this week - enjoy your cruise! 🙂

It would be of great help for us, if anyone could please post some photos of the current shore excursions order form incl. the prices from the Jade. Thanks! 

We too were charged $125 each.  The invoice did not say what it was for.  But I assume now it was for the eurofins test prior to embark or the pcr prior to Israel.  It just says customer service.

We are on the 5/1 sailing as well.  We got our PCR test prior to traveling, but had to take an Antigen test at the pier.   No charge.   Took about 45 minutes total, then we were on the ship.   Due to a 1 day strike in Athens,  the ship sail away was delayed until 1 am.   Looks like we are skipping Patmos and will be heading to Kusadasi in time to dock around noontime. 

We just received a phone call from NCL. They informed and reminded us personally that the PCR test prior to boarding is required as well as the Israel Entry Form.

I just did my PCR test this morning and hope to get the results until tomorrow. At least the test-center put a note for priority-handling on my probe 😎

Can't wait to get onboard on Sunday 🤪

1 hour ago, _Mr.G_ said:

We just received a phone call from NCL. They informed and reminded us personally that the PCR test prior to boarding is required as well as the Israel Entry Form.

I just did my PCR test this morning and hope to get the results until tomorrow. At least the test-center put a note for priority-handling on my probe 😎

Can't wait to get onboard on Sunday 🤪

Have a wonderful time and please let us know it was.  What is the name of the Israel entry form?

2 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

What is the name of the Israel entry form?

It's listed here in the travel requirements section for Israel:

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/travel-requirements-by-country#israel

The Israeli government requires all non-Israeli citizens boarding a cruise whose next destination is Israel to fill out Entry Statement found here https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights within 48 hours of embarkation.

• Like 1

Just a quick info regarding the boarding process and current Jade status:

They did check the PCR test from prior during boarding as well as the vacination status. Then there was the antigen test performed at the pier. I asked what happens to people who don't have the PCR test and they said, that the PCR test will be performed on board and charged 120 USD (so no "are denied boarding"). At the pier everything was organized very well. The Athens airport has a medical center which does PCR tests with results within 24 hrs for 60 Euro.

The current cruise runs at 45% capacity with about 1100-1200 passengers. So entertainment is somehow reduced but other than that the cruise is really enjoyable with great weather so far.

4 hours ago, _Mr.G_ said:

Just a quick info regarding the boarding process and current Jade status:

They did check the PCR test from prior during boarding as well as the vacination status. Then there was the antigen test performed at the pier. I asked what happens to people who don't have the PCR test and they said, that the PCR test will be performed on board and charged 120 USD (so no "are denied boarding"). At the pier everything was organized very well. The Athens airport has a medical center which does PCR tests with results within 24 hrs for 60 Euro.

The current cruise runs at 45% capacity with about 1100-1200 passengers. So entertainment is somehow reduced but other than that the cruise is really enjoyable with great weather so far

Thanks Mr. G for the info re testing and capacity.