FCC Expiration Question

wbrownie

We were set to cruise for Spring Break in March 2020.  A week before the cruise, we cancelled and received FCC.  Just one day before the cruise Celebrity cancelled due to Covid.  We have not rebooked anything over the past 2+ years due to continuing Covid concerns.  We think we are not ready to book again.

I've done quite a bit of searching but seem to find some conflicting info.  Celebrity website says "All FCCs (new and existing) must be used on a sailing that departs on or before 12/31/2022 or within one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later."

However, when I called Skymiles Cruises (who we booked with) they said I had to book by 4/30/22 and sail by 9/30/22.

I tried to call Celebrity but could not get through after holding for more than 30 minutes.

Anyone have insight into the true deadline here.?

Thank you!

The deadline may depend on the tenacity of whoever calls and your cruising history with Celebrity.

We had two Celebrity cruises booked - for 2020 and 2021.  Both were cancelled by Celebrity.  So we had two deposits in the wind.  Both were turned into FCC's.  One had to be used by September 30, 2022 and the other by December 31, 2022.  

We booked no Celebrity Cruises this year and were sweating.  Our Travel Agent was able to convince Celebrity to move one FCC to a Celebrity cruise in August 2023,  but they made it clear they were making an exception due to our history of cruising with them.  The second FCC we are going to lose.  Our TA called them today again, and they said they already made one exception and will not be making another.  We will not be able to use the second FCC and will lose the money.  I guess that is my contribution to their loses during the pandemic.

Can anyone help we was on the celebrity edge on the 2nd sailing back in January 2019 we had major problems and the head of Guest services issued us some gift certificates for the problems, we then used them towards a cruises in January 2020 but was. Cancelled due to covid we know only have to end of this year to use them and like many of other guest have no holiday left as moved other cruises, we have a cruise booked for March 2024 but Celebrity customer complaint won't budge the vouchers are a large amount. Help what should we do

7 minutes ago, Clare23 said:

Can anyone help we was on the celebrity edge on the 2nd sailing back in January 2019 we had major problems and the head of Guest services issued us some gift certificates for the problems, we then used them towards a cruises in January 2020 but was. Cancelled due to covid we know only have to end of this year to use them and like many of other guest have no holiday left as moved other cruises, we have a cruise booked for March 2024 but Celebrity customer complaint won't budge the vouchers are a large amount. Help what should we do

Can you move one of your cruises on other lines to next year then fit in a Celebrity one? Administration costs to move a cruise to an alternative date are not usually very much and are sometimes complementary.

13 minutes ago, Clare23 said:

No as got cruises booked for next year to as had to move 5 cruises, cannot believe celebrity are like this

In their defence, Celebrity are giving you until the end of the year to use them Are there no holidays between now and then you can defer? 

it might be worth the phone call to Celebrity and the hold time to get a clear answer to your individual timeline for the use of your FCCs.

Our FCCs amount to a large sum as we cancelled B3Bs in 2020. Our timing was a cancellation of fully-paid cruises within the penalty cancellation date(s), so essentially we're grateful that we were even issued FCCs.

Our time for the usage of the FCCs has been extended... then extended... then extended.  The last email we received had a timeline similar to yours. So, I called Celebrity and was informed that I have to book  AND sail before December 31st of this year. I have the entire year to consider the cruise that we might want to take and I can stack the FCCs so that all of them can be used for a singular cruise.

YMMV, but I would call and get a definite answer. We're in a situation where we may end up also contributing the money back to Celebrity because neither of us are willing to risk a residency on deck 3. 

• Like 1

It’s happening on all cruise lines. We have booked, been canceled, rebooked, etc several times.  Our TA told us to book anything before the book by date and then move it. We did that several times while ships weren’t sailing.  Once ships started sailing again, it changed. The sail by Dec. 31, 2022 seems to be firm on many lines or a year from the original booking.   We tried to move a booking from Jan 2022 ( we canceled because of Omicron) to January 2023 similar trip and were told had to sail by end of 2022.  Original booking was 2020.  We are booked on a cruise in December.  It’s not what I really wanted to do. However, cruise lines is holding our $.  Our fcc is more than the cost of the cruise.  Booked the most expensive cabin available. Waiting on a better cabin.  Seems there are many people booking the same December cruise to use their fcc. Use it or lose it.  Cruise line makes the rules. We have to go along or will lose.