Toulon food & shops

larry_s_taco

I read on one of the sites that stores in France are closed on Sunday except for those in certain areas. Are the stores open on Sunday in Toulon? How about the restaurants? I've read that the Biltoki Hall and the Mourillon Markets are open on Sunday and closed on Monday. We are going in October on the Constellation. Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 3:07 AM, PurpleTraveller said:

I was in Toulon on a Sunday in 2014 and the shops were closed but there was a street market open in the morning selling fruit and vegetables. I don't know about restaurants. Things may have changed since then.

That was our experience also in 2000 (wow how time flies).  We loved the street market and found a wine shop open where we could buy wine from the barrels.  Locals came in with their own bottles, we had to buy some from the shop owner.  I recall we found a sidewalk cafe open and ate lunch before we walked back to the ship with some local wine, cheese, olives, meats, etc where we did dinner from our finds.  We loved Toulon and walking around the street markets.  

• Thanks 1