San Diego Embassy Suites?

DaveOKC

Any thoughts on thw Embassy Suites in San Diego, the one near the pier area?  Condition of hotel, free breakfast?, social hour?, airport and/or pier shuttle?

I would be using points, so do they charge a resort fee and if so, how does this work ( saw something about dining credit?).

Thanks - Dave

Edited by DaveOKC

Just stayed there in February, just before boarding the Koningsdam for 2 weeks. Stayed 2 nights.

Hotel is in good shape, no issues. Breakfast was solid,  Manager's reception fully functional, although a little lighter than previous in terms of food. Didn't see any sign of a shuttle, we walked to the port, its a flat 6 blocks, maybe. Taxi from airport was $14 before tip.

Don't recall a resort fee. No food credit. Are you a Diamond? The food credit isn't done at most Embassy Suites, because everyone gets breakfast. Although stayed at one (Monterey Seaside) just recently that was doing a food credit of sorts.

If you are using points I'd choose the Homewood Suites Bayside Little Italy. I've never been very impressed by that Embassy Suites.

If you have Gold or Diamond status I'd even consider the Hilton Bayfront, which is a gorgeous hotel.

4 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If you are using points I'd choose the Homewood Suites Bayside Little Italy. I've never been very impressed by that Embassy Suites.

If you have Gold or Diamond status I'd even consider the Hilton Bayfront, which is a gorgeous hotel.

I am Gold - what is the advantage of that for Hilton Bayfront?

15 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Gold Hilton Honors members should get a Daily Food & Beverage Credit at Domestic hotels.

However, it won't cover breakfast the vast majority of the time. But a breakfast buffet and cooked to order food is included at Embassy Suites.