Cancellation question

bookbabe

For a number of reasons that I won’t get into, we have to cancel our Viking Panama Canal cruise that’s currently booked for February 2023.  We are well ahead of the 120 days (we are closer to 300 ahead) but we have already made final payment by e-check.  Anyone know how they refund you the money if you paid that way? Return e-transfer or do they mail you a physical cheque?  And what’s the general timeframe involved?  And I just sent an email to my PCC asking to cancel, is there something else I need to do?  We aren’t interested in a voucher, so looking for info on cash refunds only.  Thanks!

We recently cancelled our July Viking Homelands cruise that was paid for via e-check. They said it could take up to 21 business days for us to see a refund. The refund, less the $200 cancellation fee, was back in my bank account within two weeks. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jjfarns said:

We recently cancelled our July Viking Homelands cruise that was paid for via e-check. They said it could take up to 21 business days for us to see a refund. The refund, less the $200 cancellation fee, was back in my bank account within two weeks. 

Did you call or email to cancel?  I emailed yesterday but haven’t had a reply from my PCC yet, so wondering if I should call instead.  The instructions said “in writing” so I figured email was better, but maybe calling would be faster.

I emailed the cancellation request and sent a letter just to make sure there wouldn’t be a question for getting a refund instead of voucher. Email address was vcmail@vikingcruises.com. Received a response within a short time. A check was mailed to us even though we had paid by credit card. If you book through a travel agent they have to okay the cancellation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcl999 said:

I emailed the cancellation request and sent a letter just to make sure there wouldn’t be a question for getting a refund instead of voucher. Email address was vcmail@vikingcruises.com. Received a response within a short time. A check was mailed to us even though we had paid by credit card. If you book through a travel agent they have to okay the cancellation. 

Thanks.  I’ll try that email too.  My PCC is unresponsive after three days and repeated emails.  If I don’t hear anything soon, I’ll try mailing a letter as well.  Luckily, we’ve got lots of time before the 120 day mark.  Glad I’m not trying to do this last minute.