For Hawaiidan - accessible verandah 7084

ToxM

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, latitude 22 said:

Just wanted to say Thank you for these photos!

We are in the accessible cabin next door that is a ocean view for our Trans Atlantic next year!

Do you remember if the view is obstructed?

If you look at the pressman's site    he shows  the view from a Ocean view  accessable.....   you look out over the top of a lifeboat...... not too bad  not  super great..............take a look....  I changed from a PH and am happy ...............    ENJOY

Aloha Hawaiiandan!

Nice to see an  old familiar screen name from waaay back!

Mahalo  for pointing me over to the Priesmans website,

loved chatting with him when i was building my former travel site at the sametime (ourpassportstamps)

We have been hanging out on all R ships & the Prinsendam (we were on the last 2 sailings)

since the ships were so easy for me to navigate after getting severe onset Rheumatoid Arthritis

It will be 10 years since we were last on the Marina

It was 18 days in the South Pacific in a PH2 cabin, just blissful.

and upon return I went to bed one night and woke up temporarily paralyzed for a couple of months

I finally feel strong enough to leave the R ships behind and soooo looking forward

to be back on the Marina!

So now I’m gathering Marina info from a totally different point of view!

This looks to be a pretty good cabin, (no accessible balconies were available) 

We can just move the couch in front of the window for great views during our transatlantic! 

I hope you post on how your travel partner does in Barcelona, I’ve been there when 

able bodied, we will be departing from BCN for our transatlantic next year!

Wishing you safe travels!

K. 

3 hours ago, latitude 22 said:

Just wanted to say Thank you for these photos!

We are in the accessible cabin next door that is a ocean view for our Trans Atlantic next year!

Do you remember if the view is obstructed?

You will probably see the top of the lift boats  so no clear view straight down to the water

It is not the  H/C cabin but in the photo you see the lifeboat from the window

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14122645

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You will probably see the top of the lift boats  so no clear view straight down to the water

It is not the  H/C cabin but in the photo you see the lifeboat from the window

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14122645

Another screen name I recognize from the past! 

Thank you for the link…I totally see what you mean!

We had hoped for an accessible Balcony, since were have so many sea days

with our Trans Atlantic, but they were booked.   

I will definitely report back if I was able to trick my vision line to look out to the horizon  and block out the life boats.

Otherwise, I’m pleased with the accessible  ocean view cabin, the bathroom looks perfect!

Also, the location of electrical outlets are a big plus!  

Nice to be back on the boards! 

K.

Mum ended up having the ocean view next door and the view is slightly obstructed at the water line but nothing bad you are going to see plenty. 

Word of warning regarding bed rails… stress test them before you accept them when fitted. 

7082 is in slightly better condition than the verandah 7084. They are both lovely and spacious - I would have preferred them to be closer to either lift.

20 hours ago, latitude 22 said:

Aloha Hawaiiandan!

Nice to see an  old familiar screen name from waaay back!

Mahalo  for pointing me over to the Priesmans website,

loved chatting with him when i was building my former travel site at the sametime (ourpassportstamps)

We have been hanging out on all R ships & the Prinsendam (we were on the last 2 sailings)

since the ships were so easy for me to navigate after getting severe onset Rheumatoid Arthritis

It will be 10 years since we were last on the Marina

It was 18 days in the South Pacific in a PH2 cabin, just blissful.

and upon return I went to bed one night and woke up temporarily paralyzed for a couple of months

I finally feel strong enough to leave the R ships behind and soooo looking forward

to be back on the Marina!

So now I’m gathering Marina info from a totally different point of view!

This looks to be a pretty good cabin, (no accessible balconies were available) 

We can just move the couch in front of the window for great views during our transatlantic! 

I hope you post on how your travel partner does in Barcelona, I’ve been there when 

able bodied, we will be departing from BCN for our transatlantic next year!

Wishing you safe travels!

K. 

Thanks K...........     I now consider the Ocean View Accessible  on Marina and Riviera to be the best value and comfort  for my taste and needs....    However on R class   While I love the insides for their locatiuon, I have to go with a PH for function with  my wife....     Both she  and I loved the insides  on  Regatta.     I loved the country house feel....    Do not like the antiseptic  white ang grey,  not the idea of having a residential feel!!!..........I want a friggen ship feel, other wise I  could  stay home  and feel the residential vibe at home and save a bunch....... 

Thanks  for your comments amigo....I left Hawaii 8 yr ago.....  By the way Aloha is only spoken by front desk clerks and time-share salesmen...........  But thats another story.

Bon journey mon amis.