Carnival TA? Is it different?

Carnival has some great fares on TA's.  

We are more Holland America Line types (we began cruising w/Carnival on the original Mardi Gras) and the Carnival party atmosphere is not for us. 

I'm thinking that a Carnival TA is more similar to any other TA crossing on the other main lines......Am I right? 

• Like 1

Think of it as an extra long Carnival cruise, with the same activities.  My TAs on other lines had great enrichment speakers.  Nothing like that on Carnival.  It will be an older crowd, few children.  EM

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival is....well it is Carnival :).  There are going to be significant differences from a HAL crossing because it is the nature of the product.  On Carnival you will have more annoying announcements, activities (such as pool games) that you will seldom find on HAL, differences in the MDR, etc.  If the price is right consider taking Carnival, ignoring what you do not like, and embracing the things that you find satisfying.  Also consider this!  If you are a typical HAL cruiser and normally go to your cabin by 9:30pm for sleep then you can also do this on Carnival (but do avoid getting a so-called "night owl" cabin).  The fact that Carnival might party until the wee hours should not impact you if you are sleeping 🙂

Hank

• Like 3