Email Issues?

philpcruiser

I was on the phone with X/RCCL's access group needing to resolve a dietary situation for one of my family members.  I asked them to email to me a confirmation.  They said it was emailed.  Did not receive anything.  Called again, they said it was re-emailed.  Nothing.  Went over the spelling of my email address (it was correct).  waited 1 hour, nothing.  Called again.  Gave them my wife's email address.  Nothing.  Checked spam, deleted, and trash folders.  Nothing.  Still receiving other emails, so it's not on my end.  Has anyone experienced an email issue with either X or RCCL?  

I have not had an issue with Celebrity--I have not had them email me anything.  However, over the last few years, I have an occasional problem with my outlook (hotmail) account simply not receiving an email--not to junk, not to my inbox, just nowhere.  These addresses have not been previously blocked by me, etc.  So, if nothing else, try another email address, like a yahoo address, if you haven't already.  I know you tried your wife's email address as well, but is it the same "platform" (whatever you call it--outlook, yahoo, gmail, that idea) as yours, or a different one.  Anyway, just a thought.

I mailed their special assistance department and copied to customer services on Friday,  now evening Tuesday and nothing other than automated response just after sending. Had previously tried ringing but gave up on that one after almost two hour wait. No issues with incoming mails which I get into two desktops and phone and nothing in spam. 

Edited by B x

46 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

I have not had an issue with Celebrity--I have not had them email me anything.  However, over the last few years, I have an occasional problem with my outlook (hotmail) account simply not receiving an email--not to junk, not to my inbox, just nowhere.  These addresses have not been previously blocked by me, etc.  So, if nothing else, try another email address, like a yahoo address, if you haven't already.  I know you tried your wife's email address as well, but is it the same "platform" (whatever you call it--outlook, yahoo, gmail, that idea) as yours, or a different one.  Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for the idea.  Yes, we do have the same "platform (optonline), but she also has a Gmail account.  We'll give it a shot.

8 minutes ago, B x said:

I mailed their special assistance department and copied to customer services on Friday,  now evening Tuesday and nothing other than automated response just after sending. Had previously tried ringing but gave up on that one after almost two hour wait. No issues with incoming mails which I get into two desktops and phone and nothing in spam. 

At least you received some sort of response (automated).  Your issue may be a backlog on their part (???).  I also checked our emails (desktop, 2 different laptops), including all folders,  Nothing.  Will give our Gmail account a shot tomorrow...