Bermuda Day

zestyzorra

I just realized that the only full day my sailing (Celebrity Summit 5/23/22) has in Bermuda is 5/27, and that is Bermuda Day. 

Has anyone been in Bermuda during the holiday? Is anything open? Do busses run? Suggestions for things to do? 

4 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

I just realized that the only full day my sailing (Celebrity Summit 5/23/22) has in Bermuda is 5/27, and that is Bermuda Day. 

Has anyone been in Bermuda during the holiday? Is anything open? Do busses run? Suggestions for things to do? 

I personally have avoided all Bermuda holidays but I have read reports. Stores will be closed in Hamilton and St.George's. Some may be open in the Dockyard since it is oriented toward visitors. Restaurants will be open. It is the first day of what locals consider  beach season so many head to the beaches. In the past many camped out on the beach but maybe not so much anymore. I would expect beaches to be crowded. The public bus runs on a holiday schedule. That means a lot less runs. probably best to avoid.The publec ferries run on their normal schedule. There will be a surcharge on taxi fares. The big event will be a parade in Hamilton on Front St., dancing, Gombeys, drum majors etc. It has been on hiatus the past two years because of covid and resumes this year so Bermudians will look forward to it.. If I were in Bermuda that day I think I would be in Hamilton to see it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, zestyzorra said:

I am on the same sailing.  We're in Bermuda for 3 days. Right?

12 hours ago, Cinderellie said:

I am on the same sailing.  We're in Bermuda for 3 days. Right?

Yes, as of right now but Celebrity is likely to change the itinerary.  Hopefully they will let us know soon!