Covid test in Amsterdam?

JezzaC

Will be cruising to Iceland on June and covid test is still required before boarding the ship. There seems to be lots of places providing antigen tests in Amsterdam but there are also limitations that I should have Dutch National ID and residency address in Netherlands. I could provide hotel address but don't naturally have any Dutch ID. Where are you others going to be tested and have you found places which don't require that ID information?

20 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Many walk-in places in Amsterdam.  Last month we tested in a small storefront on Damrak maybe 200 years from our hotel.  Easy.  They even sent the report to the hotel concierge so we would have  hard copy in English.

Seems that quite many have closed as well since Netherlands doesn't require testing anymore for events or anything. Hopefully Celebrity will also remove the pre test from the cruises as well.

Found couple places online and was able to make a reservation for a test. 

6 minutes ago, Bru92 said:

We are sailing this week and booked our test at https://spoedtest.nl/en/

Mike in Ohio

How far in advance did you book please? We sail in July and have also looked at testing through this company. We are staying in Haarlem for a few days before the cruise and they even have a couple of places there. I wish Celebrity would get rid of the pre cruise testing, especially when everyone will be off the ship everyday on a port intensive cruise. 

We booked three weeks in advance but I went to the web site today and they have plenty of appointments available in the next few days so it appears that demand has dropped off except for we international travelers and cruisers.

6 hours ago, Bru92 said:

We booked three weeks in advance but I went to the web site today and they have plenty of appointments available in the next few days so it appears that demand has dropped off except for we international travelers and cruisers.

Thank you. Yes, now that there’s no need to test in the Netherlands for residents, demand will be lower. Just hope they keep some test sites open for travellers.