Emerald Azzurra Anyone?

FlossieC

8 hours ago, Don P said:

AnnYM,  we are originally from Central Jersey.  Wondering what you thought of each port of call?  We’ve been to Dubrovnik and Kotor, but not Albania.  Also have been to Corfu, Kefalonia and Athens. We absolutely loved Kefalonia!  Have never been to Parma and Itea (Delphi).  Our choosing this cruise was based on seeing these new places.  Did you enjoy your ports of call?

Don P.

Lakewood Ranch, FL

10 hours ago, Breeze1234 said:

Thanks so much for the "dress code" info!  My bet is that the guys wear long pants and a nice shirt (no tie, no jacket, no shorts).  Let us know if this is the case.   (I'm guessing I can wear my shorts for lunch.)  Thanks so, so much!  Ron

It's very casual, no real dress code for the dining room. You could even wear shorts to dinner if you want although most folks seem to wear smart casual. There is no dress up night, a big relief for us to just be able to wear comfortable clothes. Don't bring any ties, suit jackets or fancy dresses, you won't use them. 

On 5/28/2022 at 8:35 AM, cariad1000 said:

I’m doing the Italy, France and Corsica in a balcony room on 29th July.  

I’ve been looking for reviews also without any luck so far.  I’ll certainly post after the cruise but look forward to hearing of other experiences in the meantime.

I just posted a review, should show up by tomorrow. Yours sounds like a wonderful itinerary. I am sure you will love it! Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. 

On 6/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, LHT28 said:

Can you ask

Do they bring everyone the same meal or is it a buffet type??

Breakfast and lunch are buffet style and dinners are chosen from a menu and served individually. 

20 minutes ago, Enjoynit said:

Breakfast and lunch are buffet style and dinners are chosen from a menu and served individually. 

@Enjoynit if you still have the text of your review, could you start a new thread and post it in this forum?  Many of us read the Cc Boards faithfully but the Reviews— not so much…

By any chance did they give any bags or back packs?  We usually take an extra but so many cruises have provided a logo bag of theirs, I don't want to have to pack a bag into a bag coming home. 

6 hours ago, skyhoosier said:

By any chance did they give any bags or back packs?  We usually take an extra but so many cruises have provided a logo bag of theirs, I don't want to have to pack a bag into a bag coming home. 

We booked through a travel agent so received backpacks with the agency’s name and logos on them. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, Enjoynit said:

It's very casual, no real dress code for the dining room. You could even wear shorts to dinner if you want although most folks seem to wear smart casual. There is no dress up night, a big relief for us to just be able to wear comfortable clothes. Don't bring any ties, suit jackets or fancy dresses, you won't use them. 

I agree. Most men on my cruise wore either golf shirts or short sleeve button downs, not sure I saw any ties. But nobody wore tank tops to dinner….

On 7/26/2022 at 7:44 AM, Breeze1234 said:

Thanks so much for the "dress code" info!  My bet is that the guys wear long pants and a nice shirt (no tie, no jacket, no shorts).  Let us know if this is the case.   (I'm guessing I can wear my shorts for lunch.)  Thanks so, so much!  Ron

Absolutely wear shorts to lunch if that’s your comfort.  Many of us stopped in for lunch in between activities/ excursions, so no need to change just to eat. 😁

On 7/26/2022 at 10:03 AM, Don P said:

AnnYM,  we are originally from Central Jersey.  Wondering what you thought of each port of call?  We’ve been to Dubrovnik and Kotor, but not Albania.  Also have been to Corfu, Kefalonia and Athens. We absolutely loved Kefalonia!  Have never been to Parma and Itea (Delphi).  Our choosing this cruise was based on seeing these new places.  Did you enjoy your ports of call?

Don P.

Lakewood Ranch, FL

Well, Don P - nice to know a fellow Central Jerseyan! The Albania stop is primarily for the Butrint tour. I do not know what folks did if they didn’t go. We had to tender to port. Tenders never took very long at any port because we could anchor close to shore. 
Butrint was amazing, and our guide, who was 24 when the country changed over from communism shared many personal, emotional  stories with us and really gave us insights into what life was like during that time. 
Delphi blew me away and the drive up to the sight provided an incredible view of a sea of olive groves stretching from the mountains to the sea. Then there was the crossing of the Corinth Canal at night. Everyone was on deck to witness the event. 
Kefalonia was not as I expected since the ship altered its itinerary and set anchor at Fiskardo instead of Argostoli (to facilitate the path to Itea and the canal). I had an itinerary all mapped out from Argostoli and a driver hired for the trip. The price for the itinerary went up significantly enough that I ended up canceling the day before. We borrowed two Go Bikes from the ship and went beach-hopping instead. Fiskardo is beautiful in the morning until the yachts and ferry boats dropped off large crowds that filled the entire waterfront.
Hope you can see the photo of Parga and  one of the canal crossing…

70216281-823A-467D-A3A3-CC19EBA8727A.jpeg

EAD4705A-E9D0-47EF-8C3A-D61A89DC2175.jpeg

I’m sorry about the multiple replies about wearing shorts to lunch - didn’t realize when the system told me to wait it had already accepted my reply…☺️
So, Obviously… you can wear “recreational” clothes to lunch!

Wow!  Beautiful photos....  I believe Sarande has Visit Butrint National Park as an "included" tour (as is the "Mussel cooking demo and tasting in a local restaurant").  There are no other "activities" for that port (even for purchase).

Thanks so much! Ron

Thanks Ron - That’s correct. Butrint and Delphi are both included. The mussels cooking demo following the tour was optional but also included. It takes place at the restaurant at the park entrance and will serve you a small tasting portion along with bread, box wine, and water. I sat with a lovely British couple there. 

On 6/30/2022 at 2:49 AM, Salbags58 said:

I would love to know if drinks are expensive as only included with lunch a dinner?

thanks 

They are not expensive, run about $8 - $12, some less than that. Beer and wine is included.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:04 AM, Its me again said:

We will be sailing on the Emerald Azzurra 30th July so will provide some feedback after.  Staying in Rome two nights before and Nice two nights after.  Can't wait and the countdown is on.

Just posted a review of my trip from July 16 - 23. if you have any questions let me know. hope it helps.

21 hours ago, AnnYM said:

We booked through a travel agent so received backpacks with the agency’s name and logos on them. 

We just did a cruise on the EA and they sent us very nice back packs about 2 weeks prior, along with a larger oversize wallet for cruise documents.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Enjoynit if you still have the text of your review, could you start a new thread and post it in this forum?  Many of us read the Cc Boards faithfully but the Reviews— not so much…

It is quite a long review with about a dozen photos so I think it would be best to leave it under reviews and allow folks to view it there, as this section is mainly for messages. I am happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

On 7/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, skyhoosier said:

Yes they will send you backpacks a couple weeks in advance of your cruise along with a very nice documents wallet.

On 6/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, cellfree said:

Daughter’s experience included wine and beer at mealtimes. I asked her about other drink pricing and she said “we didn’t buy any separately so I’m not sure … I think not outrageous.”

They are reasonably priced.

1 hour ago, Enjoynit said:

It is quite a long review with about a dozen photos so I think it would be best to leave it under reviews and allow folks to view it there, as this section is mainly for messages. I am happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

Do you have a link to your review??

4 hours ago, Enjoynit said:

We just did a cruise on the EA and they sent us very nice back packs about 2 weeks prior, along with a larger oversize wallet for cruise documents.

Yes, we got the nice documents wallet as well…

On 7/28/2022 at 6:58 PM, LHT28 said:

Do you have a link to your review??

Here is the link to the (very comprehensive) review by Enjoyit (hope you don't mind):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=689458

I can speak to the room differences as our room was a regular balcony on level 5, rather than their delux balcony on level 6.

• Level 6 is on the Pool level whereas level 5 is on the Bridge level.
  • The delux balcony room gives you a double-length balcony with similar bathroom layout to the regular balcony. Regular balcony has a smaller sitting area (love seat, small round table and leather chair and foot rest) between the bed and balcony.
  • Regular balcony does not have the in-room coffee maker or welcome fruit plate, and no free laundry service.... and the beds are not adjustible (but still incredibly comfortable).
  • I am also not aware of any special embarkation or debarkation privilege afforded to the suite passengers.  They simply call the groups depending on whether they have specially arranged transports. The wait was very pleasant and took very little time, due to the small passenger number. This is a Huge improvement from the big ships, where your room type determines how quickly you get to leave. (We helped ourselves to some coffee from the machine while we waited to be called...) 🙂
Edited by AnnYM
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received our travel docs for our 9/3/22 sailing.  Pleased with arrangements for picking up and transporting us to our hotel the day before sailing from Dubrovnik.  Also good to know details for our transfer from the hotel to the Azzurra.

Having this information allows us to make plans for our Saturday evening in Dubrovnik.  Thinking of light meal and some sundown sightseeing.

Lessons we have learned from several flights this year.  We will not be checking any luggage.  A carry-on suitcase and a backpack for each of us will allow us to bypass the luggage carousels.

The trip just got more real.

Don and Carole P.

Lakewood Ranch, FL

2 hours ago, Breeze1234 said:

Don & Carole,  Did you lose your luggage during travel this year?   Can you give more details as to why you've decided to "carry-on" your luggage?  Ron

We didn’t lose any luggage although we did flight changes from Florida to Hawaii.  Our non-stop to Aruba we had no problem.  We have several flight changes going to Dubrovnik and do not want to risk the possibility.  We’re off to the New Jersey shore this week and are only doing carry-on.

We’ve read so many anecdotal stories about lost luggage we simply want to avoid the possibility.