Covid Testing in Miami for MSC Seashore

WirelessRoute

Could anyone that has traveled recently in late April or May post whether MSC Seashore is requiring testing prior at the Miami cruise port prior to embarkation?

Curious to see if they have scaled back pre-cruise testing. Rumors are port Canaveral has and was curious for our up coming cruise at the end of may.

Hello Wireless-

Of course, a very fluid situation and changes could happen at any moment...as we all know.

We board Saturday and are required to have negative test within 3 days of our boarding day.

The ports are not setting these requirements, each cruise line is setting their own.

Was on in February and was tested inside the MSC terminal in Miami...so that has stopped. 

MSC, being a EU company has approached the pandemic different than the other lines.

Enjoy your cruise

Cheers!

PS, I miss Cary...great memories

1 hour ago, NMsunset said:

Hello Wireless-

Of course, a very fluid situation and changes could happen at any moment...as we all know.

We board Saturday and are required to have negative test within 3 days of our boarding day.

The ports are not setting these requirements, each cruise line is setting their own.

Was on in February and was tested inside the MSC terminal in Miami...so that has stopped. 

MSC, being a EU company has approached the pandemic different than the other lines.

Enjoy your cruise

Cheers!

The RTP are of NC is a great place to live for sure. Please do post back after Saturday if your cruising MSC Seashore. I am also curious to the capacity of the Seashore sailing recently. I've heard mixed things but starting to think the CL overall are starting to ramp up.

1 hour ago, obxlover said:

So MSC in Miami is no longer testing at the pier? 

If you are fully vaccinated, you only have to show a negative test 2 days before?

This is what I am trying to get the confirmation on. Hoping someone thats gone in the past 1-3 weeks on Seashore can chime in.

Approved Test Negative result within 3 days of boarding at Port Miami for MSC...if adult (US Citizen, coming from another of the 48 states) that is fully vaxxed and boosted.

I board Saturday on Seashore and that is what is on all my boarding paperwork.

All is subject to change and there are many variables on age, locale, cruise, etc

On 5/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, NMsunset said:

Hello Wireless-

Enjoy your cruise

Cheers!

I thought it was 2 days 28 hours. .

12 minutes ago, agnesd said:

I thought it was 2 days 28 hours. .

Correct its 2 Days if vaccinated, a U.S. & Puerto Rico residents cruising from US port like Miami. So if your cruise leaves on Saturday earliest is Thursday. I called MSC CS to verify. Strangely it list 3 days for unvaccinated. 2 days for vaccinated, makes no sense at all why the difference. Not sure if they'd make a big deal if you did 3 instead of the 2 days but appears 2 is the standard if vaccinated. See details below:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:

• All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days prior to ship embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew. Be certain to follow testing requirements based on the dates above.
  • All guests not fully vaccinated (based on the above vaccination requirements) are required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 3 days prior to ship embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. These guests will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation provided by MSC Cruises, free of charge. The only exception is that no pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is required for guests under 2 years of age.

Edited by WirelessRoute

On 5/15/2022 at 6:55 PM, WirelessRoute said:

Correct its 2 Days if vaccinated, a U.S. & Puerto Rico residents cruising from US port like Miami. So if your cruise leaves on Saturday earliest is Thursday. I called MSC CS to verify. Strangely it list 3 days for unvaccinated. 2 days for vaccinated, makes no sense at all why the difference. Not sure if they'd make a big deal if you did 3 instead of the 2 days but appears 2 is the standard if vaccinated. See details below:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:

• All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days prior to ship embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew. Be certain to follow testing requirements based on the dates above.
  • All guests not fully vaccinated (based on the above vaccination requirements) are required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 3 days prior to ship embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. These guests will undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation provided by MSC Cruises, free of charge. The only exception is that no pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is required for guests under 2 years of age.

The 3 days might have something to do with the fact that it looks like antigen/rapid tests are not acceptable for unvaccinated. Ot lists PCR only, which can take a few days.