Porto Hotels

My friend and I are staying in Porto for 2 nights after our Douro River cruise. I've looked at several travel sites for hotels and where the best locations for them are, but would love to hear from fellow cruisers. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in the Intercontinental Porto Palacio das Cardosas, loved the location and walked everywhere, including Vila Nova di Gaia.   However, my DH's knees aren't what they used to be and there are hills in Porto.   Lovely city.  Enjoy. 

We stayed at the Carris Porto Ribeira. The old outside facade has been left intact as per some regulation  but the inside is totally modern. We walked about a block and a half to the Douro River boat tour and then to one of the fantastic  restaurants  that are right there (sorry  I forgot name). We walked maybe 10 minutes  to the Sande and bldg where we had a great tour of their ports....and lovely little pop up canopied shops right there. We walked up the hill to the pedestrian walk area filled with restaurants....and continued right past the pedestrian  area to the Porto train station. It's lined with beautiful tile murals.  All this just after 1 knew replacement and before the 2nd. Was great.

• 1 month later...