Tobacco Bay, current conditions

mcmarya

We enjoyed a couple of visits to snorkel here on our last trip to Bermuda 10 years ago.  It sounds like things have changed since then.  Is there an admission fee?  Is it still possible to snorkel? 

Thanks

25 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

We enjoyed a couple of visits to snorkel here on our last trip to Bermuda 10 years ago.  It sounds like things have changed since then.  Is there an admission fee?  Is it still possible to snorkel? 

Thanks

There is no admission fee. It is a public beach. The main changes are that the concessionaire has been allowed to put some rubber floats in the water. The float actually moves. I will post a few photos from 2 years ago.  The is not as large as it looks in the photo.  The wide angle lens distorts it. There is a pool table. The area to the right is still decent snorkeling. I don't think the snorkeling has changed much. I snorkeled there the first time over 20 years ago and many times since. 

c - 1 2.jpeg

c - 1 3.jpeg

c - 1 4.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

I hate the rubber float, to me it changes a nice quiet snorkeling spot into something quite different.  But I visit there less than every other year so...

I still don't understand why there is a park bench submerged on the right side...