Pride Covid test at debarkation

Hi. My friend and I are booked on the July 22 Pride British Isles cruise. I read somewhere on these boards that Carnival will test you on the last day. Does anyone know how this works? I would think you would have to get the results before leaving the ship. Any info on this would be welcome.

Yes, most people would like to get their results before leaving the ship.  However, the Pride does not offer end of cruise testing onboard.  They recommend taking your test at the airport, of for a $100 “convenience fee” they arrange for you to be tested at the cruise port, after debarkation and customs/immigration.  In other words, they don’t want to know or be responsible if you test positive at debarkation.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

In your opinion. How do they avoid that on a b2b?

I was on the Pride TA.  People who were continuing on B2B were not tested between the two cruises.  They would not test passengers debarking in Barcelona and referred us to the airport or port side testing site after customs/immigration.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I was on the Pride TA.  People who were continuing on B2B were not tested between the two cruises.  They would not test passengers debarking in Barcelona and referred us to the airport or port side testing site after customs/immigration.

GTK and I'll be sure to pack a proctored test in my luggage.

• Like 1

FYI, a friend of mine who was on the Pride TA took the $100 test at the pier after debarkation, and she never received her result by email.  The people at the test site advised her to go ahead to the airport and the email would be sent.  After waiting quite awhile, she went to the Barcelona airport testing site and got in line for people with no appointments.  It took her about 2 hours to get through.  Thankfully she made her flight.  I would advise either a pre-booked appointment at BCN airport or a proctored test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sail to Europe in September. Is there enough wifi or carrier signal strength to video a proctor session while in port? I'm thinking of scheduling with a clinic or pharmacy on the last port or 24 hours before takeoff.

• 3 weeks later...