LIVE! Virtuosa 27th May 2022 - 3 Night Northern Europe!

ScratchTheRat

Thanks for the photo memories.  I, too, was on this cruise and also loved every minute.   Your afternoon tea photo contains my absolute favourite MSC dessert .. the raspberry panna cotta in the black tea cup.   Wouldn't expect any less on an Italian ship.   

9 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Thanks for the photo memories.  I, too, was on this cruise and also loved every minute.   Your afternoon tea photo contains my absolute favourite MSC dessert .. the raspberry panna cotta in the black tea cup.   Wouldn't expect any less on an Italian ship.   

Oh it was delicious yeah, my only issue with the afternoon tea on MSC was the way it was served at a buffet rather than to your table as I felt it was less an Afternoon Tea and more of a "tea time" themed buffet,

Not a big issue though as the scones were beautiful 😄

7 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Oh it was delicious yeah, my only issue with the afternoon tea on MSC was the way it was served at a buffet rather than to your table as I felt it was less an Afternoon Tea and more of a "tea time" themed buffet,

Not a big issue though as the scones were beautiful 😄

I spoke to some staff last September, during my first time on Virtuosa, and they were still in the experimental stage of "British" cruising (and also why some of the theatre shows go off on a bit of a tangent).   "Afternoon tea" - they either need to go all out, or change the name, but I noticed that whilst still self-service (this may change in time with other buffet restrictions), it had made strides in the right direction.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 9:42 PM, defbref said:

Nope Randox and others are fine :

Antigen self-tests are accepted as long as they’re accompanied by an official certificate/email (some of the suppliers that are accepted: Randox, Expresstest, Collinsons, ect.). NHS certificates not accepted.

From the uk website: Travel Requirements Northern Europe & cruises from UK | MSC Cruises

Plus can personally testify as used a self test with certificate for Boarding both the Virtuosa and the Grandiosa recently.

Hi, do you know if Testifly is OK for MSC?

Hi we are going on virtuosa on Monday next from Barcelona  I am just wondering do they scan the vaccine cert. My cert dosent seem to be scanning I got my booster 2 months ago when I checked my cert today and used a scanner on it they have not updated the date of the booster. I’m just afraid the problem won’t be fixed by Monday. The date on the cert is correct it’s the scanning date that is not working.. 

Edited by Cliodhna112

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, ScratchTheRat said:

A quick google search found an amazing deal on MSC Virtuosa. 3 Nights with a free balcony upgrade, gratuities included and the premium extra package, all for the price I'd usually expect for a basic interior.

Please can you tell us where the deal was advertised, was it just an offer on the actual MSC site, or through a cruise agent? Always on the look out for a great deal! Thank you