Covid/booster question

My husband and I had our Covid vaccination Feb/March 2021 with a booster in October 2021......nothing since.  We are seriously considering not getting another booster.  We have a B2B for 9/11 and are wondering if we will be able to cruise without another booster.  Any thoughts/experiences?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reijo said:

My husband and I had our Covid vaccination Feb/March 2021 with a booster in October 2021......nothing since.  We are seriously considering not getting another booster.  We have a B2B for 9/11 and are wondering if we will be able to cruise without another booster.  Any thoughts/experiences?  

Unless I’m mistaken, RCI only requires the initial series for whatever vaccine maker, boosters are encouraged but not required to sail. It is possible certain destinations may require boosters

Edited by doppelganger2621
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, RCI only requires the initial series for whatever vaccine maker, boosters are encouraged but not required to sail. It is possible certain destinations may require boosters

I'm pretty sure nowhere requires a second booster.  First booster has been encouraged for a while.  We also have had the first booster, but are waiting for the second.  We see no real benefit from the data that is out there.  

• Like 2

We are in the same boat. Have 2 more cruises planned for the Year.  I scoured RCL website to get detailed info. So far RCL is not requiring any booster's for USA sailings.

Europe they recommend you "BE UP TO DATE" more info highlighted towards bottom.

We only have our original VAX and have not received any booster's. 

KEY info from their website- USA DEPARTURE 
Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This is per U.S. CDC guidance, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest's resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine."

image.thumb.png.badf2cc2d1f5fe0f820eaf46db898880.png

THIS PERTAINS TO EUROPE DEPARTURES:
image.thumb.png.6a0b8b8c279db7751ff5306d3a9a2472.png

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1