Virgin Voyages - Share the Love - Sailor Loot

CruzinMermaid

Booked Irresistable Med for 2nd Oct using referral link  kindly supplied by heysolo34 . Confirmation e-mail shows $200 obc for referral but no mention of the $400 that was applicable under the Sail Away Med offer? Have I done myself out of the $400 by using the referral link ? Anybody booked and got both lots of obc ? Can't get through to Virgin on their Chat and the UK  tel number on the website is incorrect ( some poor lady gets lots of calls about cruises ! )  so hoping someone here could advise if I have messed up ? 

@SuitcasesRready

Terms for Sail With Friends says

> f. Combinability. The “Sail With Friends” offer is combinable with most other promotions, particularly individual and public, non-circle promotions. “Sail With Friends” offer is not combinable with Circle offers, Interline rates, Tour Operator rates, sailors traveling on Friends and Family, gifted, or charter voyages, or who travel on a deeply discounted voyage fare (i.e., voyage fares of $100/day or less). Shipload of Love offer, and First Mates’, no-charge access keys, are also excluded. Persons boarding for solely pier-side events do not qualify.

So it should.

However, are you sure the offer really includes $400 USD OBS? The pop up says "Plus get up to $400 in onboard credit" but the graphic doesn't say it and the terms at https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotions-terms-and-conditions says nothing! Maybe it was left in the popup copy when it was included as part of another promo (which may have now finished)

lsa-med.thumb.png.f71f27a395c2ec550d9273faea443fb0.png

17 hours ago, Chrish2 said:

@SuitcasesRready

Terms for Sail With Friends says

> f. Combinability. The “Sail With Friends” offer is combinable with most other promotions, particularly individual and public, non-circle promotions. “Sail With Friends” offer is not combinable with Circle offers, Interline rates, Tour Operator rates, sailors traveling on Friends and Family, gifted, or charter voyages, or who travel on a deeply discounted voyage fare (i.e., voyage fares of $100/day or less). Shipload of Love offer, and First Mates’, no-charge access keys, are also excluded. Persons boarding for solely pier-side events do not qualify.

So it should.

However, are you sure the offer really includes $400 USD OBS? The pop up says "Plus get up to $400 in onboard credit" but the graphic doesn't say it and the terms at https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotions-terms-and-conditions says nothing! Maybe it was left in the popup copy when it was included as part of another promo (which may have now finished)

lsa-med.thumb.png.f71f27a395c2ec550d9273faea443fb0.png

Great news ! The offer was combinable . However the Sail the Med OBC offer was up to $400 based on the grade of cabin booked so the $200 showing in my account on the app is for that offer and there is another $50 showing for the referral link offer which will change to $200 when the app catches up  (as others have reported )  Got a confirmation e-mail showing $200 and $200 . 

So thanks to you all for for sharing your knowledge , experience & Sailors Loot ! 

Thanks Chrish2 for doing the spreadsheet and updating it  - please would you add my link for Irresistible Med 2nd October - https://virg.in/oGaL

Cheers 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 3:40 PM, Zana711 said:

Hi Kendid and thanks for using my link. Fingers crossed that you'll get your $200. It's finally shown up on my dashboard too but only $50. I'll contact customer service and see whether they'll change it to $200.

Update on my own post - contacted customer service who manually changed my sailor loot to $200. Definitely an IT issue that I don't think will fix itself - so if your account is only showing $50, you'll need to contact CS. Otherwise, you may risk arguing about the difference once you're onboard! 

8 minutes ago, Zana711 said:

Update on my own post - contacted customer service who manually changed my sailor loot to $200. Definitely an IT issue that I don't think will fix itself - so if your account is only showing $50, you'll need to contact CS. Otherwise, you may risk arguing about the difference once you're onboard! 

On my account it says WAVE sailor loot $200 and then sailor loot $50. Is WAVE the referral bonus?

4 hours ago, jamesv2811 said:

On my account it says WAVE sailor loot $200 and then sailor loot $50. Is WAVE the referral bonus?

Sorry not sure. My referral bonus was just called Sailor Loot on my dashboard for $50 and CS manually added $150 as a separate item 

We are booked on Spanish Obsession 25th September-2nd October, not seen any other posts for this one yet......

Sharing Referral link In case anyone else has booked or booking this date and wants to claim the $200

https://virg.in/owKj

Hope Chrish2 can add to the spreadsheet......thank you !

The spreadsheet is updated. There are now quite a lot of links that have come in from FB so well worth checking to see if the sailing you are after is listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaItklpqBLClAiCNxN9I32iSRXM4x0rQWND-jUjwGzc/edit#gid=0

Note: "The Cruise" is been shown on Channel 5 in the UK that stars Scarlet Lady ... the website is very very slow. If you are booking anything you might be better trying in an hour or so.

Edited by Chrish2
  • Like 2

When booking over the phone I gave the Virgin rep the link and I was told I needed the booking number too. They could not apply it to my new booking. I can see how the link works to book online but has anyone done this over the phone and what did you need or give them to do it?  

10 hours ago, westguy99 said:

When booking over the phone I gave the Virgin rep the link and I was told I needed the booking number too. They could not apply it to my new booking. I can see how the link works to book online but has anyone done this over the phone and what did you need or give them to do it?  

Yes the link is only valid if you use it to make your booking online. As I understand it if you make your booking over the phone then you will need the booking number for the person who provided the link referral.  You will need to get in contact with them, get the booking number and then VV will use that to link up your bookings and allocate the sailor loot bonus!

On 6/17/2022 at 12:02 AM, SuitcasesRready said:

there is another $50 showing for the referral link offer which will change to $200 when the app catches up  (as others have reported )  Got a confirmation e-mail showing $200 and $200 . 

Our app and the website both only said $50, so we ended up calling Sailor Services when they first opened yesterday because I trust nothing at this point. 

First they said we weren't eligible because we (the referrers) booked in December, then they had to get a supervisor to come manually fix it.  If your app/the website still says $50, it might be worth giving them a ring before the promo ends to make sure you're all set with your bonus loot!

I've screenshotted mine in case something happens before my voyage...

On 6/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, avstar said:

1st cruise!

French Daze & Ibiza Nights
Barcelona • Marseille • Cannes • Olbia • Ibiza • Barcelona
11-18 Sep, 2022

if anyone is interested in the Sailor Loot refer-a-friend for the same cruise, here's my referral link to get yourself $200 onboard credit
https://virg.in/o5gj

DM for details 

@chrish2 - if you could add to your SS, would be much appreciated 🙂

I've just joined and no idea how to DM you. I'm hoping to book your cruise and looking for more info to do this. Can you help and message me please 🤷

Can someone please explain what I need and how I apply it to get the $200? I'm looking to book Valiant Lady on 11 September. It's my birthday while I'm in board so probably need the extra loot to help celebrate 🍾🍸🍷🍹

Thank you 

Hello, I'm just about book the Transatlantic from 10/16/22. It is my first VV and I'm so happy to find this thread. Thank you so much for this great information!😍
I have a question, if I apply the $200 Sailor Loot , do I have to book through the Virgin Voyage website? Could I still use for my travel agent?
Sincerely,😌

1 hour ago, 13clover said:

Can someone please explain what I need and how I apply it to get the $200? I'm looking to book Valiant Lady on 11 September. It's my birthday while I'm in board so probably need the extra loot to help celebrate 🍾🍸🍷🍹

Thank you 

It's easy - you use the link (https://virg.in/oNJ2) to book your room and you will receive $200 in onboard credit to spend as you wish (spa, drinks, excursion, etc).  To be fair - I will also receive loot - Win, Win! 

2 minutes ago, COMermaid said:

It's easy - you use the link (https://virg.in/oNJ2) to book your room and you will receive $200 in onboard credit to spend as you wish (spa, drinks, excursion, etc).  To be fair - I will also receive loot - Win, Win! 

I'm booking through my travel agent and she has said I need the booking reference to get the loot. I don't know how to private message on here....do you and if so can you send me your booking reference number so we can both win win 😀

20 minutes ago, prune said:

Hello, I'm just about book the Transatlantic from 10/16/22. It is my first VV and I'm so happy to find this thread. Thank you so much for this great information!😍
I have a question, if I apply the $200 Sailor Loot , do I have to book through the Virgin Voyage website? Could I still use for my travel agent?
Sincerely,😌

Hi @prune , book online via this link - https://virg.in/49yp - I'm booked on the same Transatlantic leaving Barcelona on 10/16 or if you want to book through your travel agent, drop me an email at zana711 at gmail.com and I'll shoot you my booking reference. You will need to ask your travel agent to link my booking reference to yours to get the $200 loot. 

Edited by Zana711