Massages in Costa Maya

MistyRo76

I know Costa Maya has great deals on beach massages with the going rate seeming to be around $20 for an hour long massage (based on recent reviews I've read). It's been a LONG time since I've cruised to Costa Maya - but last time we were there, we went to a beach club in Mahahual, but I have no idea what the name was. All I remember is that there were swings near the bar and the little beach shack had an upper level which is where they did the massages there. It was the perfect location for a beach massage since you were up and away from all the foot traffic of people walking by. You got a lovely breeze up there and if you lifted your head up you had a perfect view of the ocean. Does anyone know what this place might be and if it's still even around?? 🙂 

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

I know Costa Maya has great deals on beach massages with the going rate seeming to be around $20 for an hour long massage (based on recent reviews I've read). It's been a LONG time since I've cruised to Costa Maya - but last time we were there, we went to a beach club in Mahahual, but I have no idea what the name was. All I remember is that there were swings near the bar and the little beach shack had an upper level which is where they did the massages there. It was the perfect location for a beach massage since you were up and away from all the foot traffic of people walking by. You got a lovely breeze up there and if you lifted your head up you had a perfect view of the ocean. Does anyone know what this place might be and if it's still even around?? 🙂 

Jamie's Blue reef is the place I believe you are referring too. Yes they are still there. I plan to be there in July. http://jaimesbluereef.com/

4 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

How long ago did you visit? It would help narrow down suggestions.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

How long ago did you visit? It would help narrow down suggestions.

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve been there! Figured it was a shot in the dark…place could have closed up shop ages ago! But I loved that spot! 

24 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve been there! Figured it was a shot in the dark…place could have closed up shop ages ago! But I loved that spot! 

No problem but it does help with what beach clubs were available. It wouldn’t be Jaimie’s because it isn’t that old.

Unfortunately I can’t really help as I mainly sail Royal Caribbean from Galveston and For some reason they took a break from Costa Maya around that time - I visited much earlier (around the time the hurricane wiped out Costa Maya) and more recently (last 5 years). Hopefully someone else visited in that timeframe and can offer some assistance.

I vaguely recall a raised platform for massages on the beach side of the road and then a spiral staircase up above the restaurant to a massage area at  El Faro, across the road from the beach but I am not sure they had swings. Maybe Pez Quadro at 40 Canones?

@crewsweepermay have more local knowledge.

I was thinking the same as @c-leg5.  Back around that time, El Faro had the best masseuses' and they were located up stairs.  Can't recall swings there.  But thse days are gone and the ownership of El Faro and service isn't anywhere near what it used to be back then.   However, beach massages are available at every beach club along the malecon now.  my understanding is that since the masseuses move around from place to place, but maybe after the reopening they have settled a bit.  Haven't heard of anywhere giving overpriced or poor massages.   If you do not want to go all inclusive, I suggest looking into Krazy Lobster, Tropicante, Pez Quadro or YaYas for better service on food and drink.  

• Like 1

Tropicante used to have an upstairs area that you could go for a massage.  DH had one and said it was terrific.  We have been to Krazy Lobster our last time there and will be going again in June.  Beach massage, but DH liked that one too.  I don't particularly like massages so I can't tell you how good they are.  🙂