Internet Package

lcl_teach

I haven't cruised Carnival in over five years.  If I just want to be able to text through the week and posssibly FaceTime my kids a few times while aboard the Sunshine, which internet package is optimal for this?  I do need to surf the web or anything just basic communication with the kiddos.  Thanks for the help!

For Face Time you will probably need the premium package. That's the package my wife and I use to Face Time our grandchildren.  It freezes up at times on some ships.  Haven't tried the value package for it.  It might work, but I'm guessing it will freeze up quite a bit depending on the ship.

iMessage typically worked when connected to the Carnival WiFi on iPhones. The Carnival Hub app (if you leave it open) uses the same ports as iMessage does. If you leave Carnival Hub open, you can get free basic texting from iPhone to iPhone. 

However, bring a Windows 10 tablet or laptop with you. Buy the internet plan (premium) for the Windows 10 device. Click "mobile hotspot" in your windows charm bar (the bar you get when you swipe inwards from the right side of your windows screen). It will share your current wifi internet with any device that connects to your WINDOWS HOTSPOT. 😄

Unless you really need to FaceTime, I’d just get the social package and text folks back home. And when you are in a port that where you can get decent wifi, FaceTime then.

not trying to tell you what to do. Just seems like the difference in cost ipaages to FaceTime a couple of times in the cruise is a lot.