Carnival Freedom Fire Reimbursement questions

Gaprofitt

4 hours ago, vickig315 said:

I'm not positive how that would work out. They cover your unanticipated expenses due to the trip interruption up to 150% of the original value of all the costs of your trip that you insured. I'm not sure how the reimbursement from the cruise line would factor in. They won't for example cover air fare if you take a future credit....but that wouldn't impact them paying for a new flight if you decided to just fly home on different flights due to an interruption. I hope this makes sense.

Also the more I think about this original post, I'm pretty sure everyone cruising out of Florida is required to have travel insurance right now, right? So I'm not sure why the OP would be upset.

I thought it was just unvaccinated who needed insurance?

We have recent experience w Travel Insurance on a 2 week trip to Germany. Long story short, a positive Covid test forced one of us to remain behind/quarantine. 5 days later a subsequent negative test allowed for the flight home. New flight was at 'walk up' rate plus the lodging/meals for those 5 days. Claim fully documented and submitted. Only carve out in proceeds was that the actual daily living expenses slightly exceeded the allowed daily max.

I wouldn't go anywhere where a negative test was required to get back to the USA without insurance right now. The good news is that typical cruises don't have that hurdle.