Holland America Guest Relations contact

cruisepro19

Hi Everyone,

I’ve had a bit of a challenging time finding someone with Guest Relations who can assist me.  They have insisted that I email guest relations, which is fine, and I will certainly wait until the timeframe they gave me to receive a reply.  Does anybody have a direct phone number and extension of someone in Guest Relations who has been helpful to them?  I have tried the Mariner phone number, Guest Relations phone number posted on the HAL website and the generic phone number of the website and have all looped me to the same spot.  I’m getting mixed answers, but nobody seems to be able to answer the question and have spent over 3 hours the last few days on the phone.  There is no sense in getting stressed, but couldn’t even speak to a Supervisor on Manager on the phone.  Realizing many industries are short staffed and are dealing with long wait times, I just want to get a definitive answer and rationale.  Thank you all in advance for any contact information you can provide.

The concern I have is that my father passed away in May 2020 and he has a cruise credit on-file with Holland America from a cruise that was cancelled by HAL in April 2020 .  My mom and I are taking a HAL cruise this Fall 2022 and would like to transfer his credit to her.  In speaking with Guest Relations, one Guest Relations employee said "no transfer or cruise credits" which I do understand in most cases.  Another Guest Relations said that HAL would probably do something, but unsure and by the time she transferred me, the person on the other line either was disconnected or hung up.  Any suggestions here?

I had stated that we could provide a death certificate, but that didn't seem to assist in any way.  

Also, my husband has a credit that I would like to use (sounds like that won't be allowed) which I can understand.  Has anybody had any luck with trying to extend a credit?  It is my understanding the credit will expire on December 31/22.  This is more something I am curious about than anything because it has only been recently that we've been permitted to travel.  

Thank you for your help in advance.

Funny that this is a concern that I was just involved in. I have a friend that is no longer able to cruise for medical reasons and had Future Cruise Credits. He contacted guest relations and got a reply from

Ellen Bagley

Special Advisor

Office of the President

unfortunately, the email came from guestrelations@hollandamerica.com, not directly from her.

So it is possible to transfer your fathers credits. As to your husband's, I can't answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruisepro19 said:

The concern I have is that my father passed away in May 2020 and he has a cruise credit on-file with Holland America from a cruise that was cancelled by HAL in April 2020 .  My mom and I are taking a HAL cruise this Fall 2022 and would like to transfer his credit to her.  In speaking with Guest Relations, one Guest Relations employee said "no transfer or cruise credits" which I do understand in most cases.  Another Guest Relations said that HAL would probably do something, but unsure and by the time she transferred me, the person on the other line either was disconnected or hung up.  Any suggestions here?

I had stated that we could provide a death certificate, but that didn't seem to assist in any way.  

Also, my husband has a credit that I would like to use (sounds like that won't be allowed) which I can understand.  Has anybody had any luck with trying to extend a credit?  It is my understanding the credit will expire on December 31/22.  This is more something I am curious about than anything because it has only been recently that we've been permitted to travel.  

Thank you for your help in advance.

I might be able to help with your husband’’s situation.

Before I lost my husband - as soon as I had the documentation that HAL needed (ie - ill health , nursing home) my TA was going into action.

Sadly he has passed away and my TA has already put in the request ( I did provide the death certificate ).  It will take HAL 4-6 weeks to process everything but from what I understand, there will be no difficulty to do it - FCC, FCD and OBC - just time is all that is required.

painful post to make but I hope it helps you 🤞 

If you booked directly and did not use a TA, I would send an email with the death certificate, details, etc.  I would think you would get some assistance - at least, I hope so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you kazu & richwmn for your replies and help.

kazu - I'm sorry for the loss of your husband.  It was hard to post about the loss of my father as he was an avid cruiser too.  This will be my mom's first cruise since the passing of my dad (my mom and I are making it a "girls" trip 🙂 ).  I appreciate the insight and hopefully they will honor a credit of some kind, (understanding it may take time to process). Thank you for sharing your experience too, and sharing a difficult topic to discuss.

richwmn - it is encouraging to hear that a friend of yours did receive a reply through the Guest Relations email address.  I have sent an email a few days ago to that address so I will give it time for them to reply.  Just thought speaking to a human being would be easier, but I guess not... lol.  Strange times we live in, that is for sure.  

• Like 1

@kazu and @cruisepro19, my condolences to each of you on your loss.

It's kind to share what you've learned about such a difficult situation to help others.

When my mother passed away in 2019, I had to suddenly cancel a European (land) trip consisting of so many vendors. I was almost shocked by how much assistance various operators gave me, and the waiver of policies about fees. I know I spent some money on "nothing" (but the pleasure of planning that trip I couldn't take) as Mom entered hospice and slipped away within a few days... but it was much less than official policies might have suggested.

I hope you ( @cruisepro19 ) and your mother have a wonderful trip together. Enjoy every moment together.

• Thanks 2