Which port is home port?

VitaminSea53

Celebrity’s Covid regulations are governed by the home port. I am planning a cruise that starts in Italy (Rome) and ends in Spain (Barcelona).  What is the home port country?

Country Travel Requirements

Travel requirements vary by homeport country

7 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Celebrity’s Covid regulations are governed by the home port. I am planning a cruise that starts in Italy (Rome) and ends in Spain (Barcelona).  What is the home port country?

Country Travel Requirements

Travel requirements vary by homeport country

your home port in this instance would be Italy

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

The home port of a ship is where the ship is registered.  Do a Google search including the name of your ship.

Sorry to contradict you Patriot's Fan but the home port as defined by Cruise Critic is below.  Respectfully NY Giants Fan who left NY 37 years ago🙂 

What is a home port on a cruise?
A home-port is the starting, or ending, point for a cruise; most commonly, both these points. Passengers begin and end their cruise, and vessels ordinarily take on supplies
Edited by Loracpin2

1 minute ago, Loracpin2 said:
Sorry to contradict you Patriot's Fan but the home port as defined by Cruise Critic is below.  Respectfully NY Giants Fan.

What is a home port on a cruise?
A home-port is the starting, or ending, point for a cruise; most commonly, both these points. Passengers begin and end their cruise, and vessels ordinarily take on supplies

I agree that this is the intended meaning in regards to the OP's question.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Sorry to contradict you Patriot's Fan but the home port as defined by Cruise Critic is below.  Respectfully NY Giants Fan who left NY 37 years ago🙂 

Not a problem...happens all the time... 🙄

The OP referred to Celebrity’s Covid regulations and I took it to mean the traditional definition of home port.  Apparently there are two definitions when referring to cruise ships.  Thank you for enlightening me.

By the way, I was a NY Giants fan when they held their summer camp in the Burlington, VT area and coached by Jim Lee Howell.  I even had the opportunity to go to a Giants game with a friend at Yankee Stadium when a senior in high school.

6 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Not a problem...happens all the time... 🙄

The OP referred to Celebrity’s Covid regulations and I took it to mean the traditional definition of home port.  Apparently there are two definitions when referring to cruise ships.  Thank you for enlightening me.

By the way, I was a NY Giants fan when they held their summer camp in the Burlington, VT area and coached by Jim Lee Howell.  I even had the opportunity to go to a Giants game with a friend at Yankee Stadium when a senior in high school.

I forgot to mention we're also NY Yankees fans. When we left NY 37 years ago we moved to MA and our 3 children were then 6, 8 & 10.  We only went to one Red Sox/Yankees game because our kids were booed for wearing their Yankees hats.