Gondola Tickets for Sale on Shore?

SKSMIKE5

I will be on Quantum of the Seas in June and I do not see Gondola Tickets as an "excursion" on the ships website, and I haven't been able to verify whether we can buy them from the tourist center on shore. A number of other posts seem to indicate people already "booked" the Gondola. Thank You. 

The Gondola ride is at Icy Strait Point -

Shore excursion tickets ? Purchase on board cruise ship ? Purchase at lift point ?

New enterprise - need CC member input on this and of course the COST ?

The Tram (Gold Belt) to Mt. Roberts is at Juneau -

Purchase at the Tram (Franklin St) or online

Purchase on board ship as a shore excursion ***

*** look for combo excursions Mendenhall Glacier & Mt. Roberts Tram Best Deal

The Tram ticket is good all day for multiple trips

The Gondola ride - ??? good for multiple trips ???

Since the OP is on Quantum of the Seas, I assume they are asking about Icy Strait Point, since I don’t see Juneau listed on any June itinerary. 

I was in Icy Strait Point / Hoonah a few weeks ago and can provide some information on the gondola / aerial tramway. 

There are actually 2 aerial trams: 

-  One that transports visitors between the original pier, now called Adventure Landing, and the new NCL Pier at Wilderness Point. This was free in early May.

- One that goes to the top of the mountain from the Wilderness Point area. This was $ 59.99 (I think, I did not use it).  It was for unlimited rides from what I saw and I heard included a nature land tram ride at the top. I believe the Zip Line riders also now use this to get to the top rather than the large truck / UTVs used previously. 

Some recommendations from my observations: 

- Don’t buy a ticket for the mountain gondola until you arrive and see what the weather is like. The main attraction is the view and if it is foggy / raining, it may not be worth it. 

- If you dock at the original pier (Adventure Landing), you can buy tickets for the gondola, zip line, etc. as you exit the pier. If you just want the mountain gondola / tram, and there is a line, take the free tram to the other pier at Wilderness Point and buy your tickets there with no waiting. That only works if there is not also a ship docked at the Wilderness Point pier. 

- There are nice trails near the piers and one that connects the two piers. It seems to be more of a downhill walk from the original pier (Adventure Landing) to the new pier (Wilderness Point). I would suggest walking the trail at least once, then riding the free aerial tram back. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 12:12 PM, JT1962 said:

Since the OP is on Quantum of the Seas, I assume they are asking about Icy Strait Point, since I don’t see Juneau listed on any June itinerary. 

I was in Icy Strait Point / Hoonah a few weeks ago and can provide some information on the gondola / aerial tramway. 

There are actually 2 aerial trams: 

-  One that transports visitors between the original pier, now called Adventure Landing, and the new NCL Pier at Wilderness Point. This was free in early May.

- One that goes to the top of the mountain from the Wilderness Point area. This was $ 59.99 (I think, I did not use it).  It was for unlimited rides from what I saw and I heard included a nature land tram ride at the top. I believe the Zip Line riders also now use this to get to the top rather than the large truck / UTVs used previously. 

Some recommendations from my observations: 

- Don’t buy a ticket for the mountain gondola until you arrive and see what the weather is like. The main attraction is the view and if it is foggy / raining, it may not be worth it. 

- If you dock at the original pier (Adventure Landing), you can buy tickets for the gondola, zip line, etc. as you exit the pier. If you just want the mountain gondola / tram, and there is a line, take the free tram to the other pier at Wilderness Point and buy your tickets there with no waiting. That only works if there is not also a ship docked at the Wilderness Point pier. 

- There are nice trails near the piers and one that connects the two piers. It seems to be more of a downhill walk from the original pier (Adventure Landing) to the new pier (Wilderness Point). I would suggest walking the trail at least once, then riding the free aerial tram back. 

Thank you for the information and sorry for the confusion, I was indeed asking about Icy Strait. This is great information, we'll wait until we get there to see what the weather is like. I also read that the area is accessible by scooter, at least right by the pier so worst case my dad can get to the Cannery. Thanks again!

• Like 1