car rental

seba1013

Hi! We are a family and would like to rent a car to do the tour of Aruba on our own. We will come to Aruba with Carnival Horizon on Tuesday the 28th of June. The ship will be docked from 9am to 11pm. We would like to rent a car from 10am to 7 pm. I contacted some of the rental car agencies but they all offer rentals maximum to 5pm. I was wondering if there are some rental car agencies or guys at the cruise terminal or do I have to book on-line. What are the pices for day rentals at the docks? Thank you for the answer! 

• 2 weeks later...

We recently rented from Smart rent a car 

They picked us up near the port at 9:00 (behind diamonds international)  and we returned the car at around 8:00 pm.  I think we could have kept it longer based on the booking platform.  I wasn't super comfortable with the on-line booking so we contacted them by phone a few weeks prior to arriving just to make sure they had our reservation.  They accept credit cards for payment the day you pick up the car.  Their communication about where to pick up could have been better-we had to call them twice when we got off the ship to clarify their instructions- and the car we got was pretty rough and older but the AC worked and it got us around the island.  

Edited by kateg

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, kateg said:

We recently rented from Smart rent a car 

They picked us up near the port at 9:00 (behind diamonds international)  and we returned the car at around 8:00 pm.  I think we could have kept it longer based on the booking platform.  I wasn't super comfortable with the on-line booking so we contacted them by phone a few weeks prior to arriving just to make sure they had our reservation.  They accept credit cards for payment the day you pick up the car.  Their communication about where to pick up could have been better-we had to call them twice when we got off the ship to clarify their instructions- and the car we got was pretty rough and older but the AC worked and it got us around the island.  

Did they take you to their office or was the vehicle waiting at the meeting point