On the beyond

Cookie002

37 minutes ago, Cookie002 said:

This is true. But we have fairly thick skins. Also, in his defence playing in a theatre that can hold thousands and only having 400 pax in the theatre, I felt for him.

But his jokes were painful, and a lot of his material you see in memes online. I don’t know how to explain it, but we just left feeling, yuck. Not about a specific thing, just all of it.

pretty sure the audience felt the same way based on their response. Again, hard to do a show with so few people in a vast audience, just saying, we did not enjoy.

I get it, my comment came from talking with the Comedian on the last cruise I was on...he said it's tough these days...I wasn't trying to single you out, although I could see where it looked that way.  My apologies.  

I hope to sail Beyond next year, and I am enjoying your review.  

5 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Sounds like a fabulous cruise except for the comedy. 
My wife and I will be in the Retreat on Beyond for 9 nights in Oct/Nov and can’t wait. We reserved Eden twice, Fine Cut once and Le Voyage once. The other 5 nights we’ll bounce between Luminae and the main dining rooms. 
I agree with you regarding rationale for booking a suite. Larger cabin, Retreat deck, host, Retreat lounge and priority access all more important to us than Luminae. 
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. 

We will be on that cruise also cant wait --booked a Aqua Suite --

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I get it, my comment came from talking with the Comedian on the last cruise I was on...he said it's tough these days...I wasn't trying to single you out, although I could see where it looked that way.  My apologies.  

I hope to sail Beyond next year, and I am enjoying your review.  

We are at blue last night. Lovely meal!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

How has the wifi been, both speed and being connected?

Speed has not been bad at all, but there are some (lots?) of places on the ship where it’s hard or impossible to connect. In our room is perfect though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/1/2022 at 7:47 AM, Cookie002 said:

We started on Rome, went down to Sicily headed up to Italian riviera , then French Riviera then end in Barcelona.

The only shuttle we have used so far was in  le Spezia and it was super efficient and no wait as well. Also lovely is the welcome back with cold wet towels and water. 

Darn! I did not look closely at the bill to see if the tip was automatically generated. We dine at fine cut the last night so I will try and report back

Can I ask a few questions about going on Beyond ?

Were you able to walk to town from any of the ports?

Are Celebrity doing shuttle buses without the excursions at any of the ports ?

What were the wait times like for boarding the ship initially?

How much is pressing garments roughly now ?

Im going on board mid June and cant wait!!

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Thanks for this review. How is the balcony furniture? And does the bathroom have a tub/shower combination or just a shower? 

Our bathroom has a tub shower combo, but we are in a sky suite, not sure about other rooms.

Balcony furniture is super comfortable two chairs, table and two wide chaise lounges- but aft balconies are bigger than most, it’s why we love them!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

Can I ask a few questions about going on Beyond ?

Were you able to walk to town from any of the ports?

Are Celebrity doing shuttle buses without the excursions at any of the ports ?

What were the wait times like for boarding the ship initially?

How much is pressing garments roughly now ?

Im going on board mid June and cant wait!!

Naples port you could walk directly into town. And the ferry terminal to capri and other places is right there.

La Spezia you took a shuttle bus from the boat to the cruise ship terminal. From there it was easy walk to the ferry to cinque terra (10 minutes). I think the train was at least a 25 minute walk…. We ferried to cinque terra (highly recommend if weather is good and seas are not rough) and trained back - but we cabbed it from the train station to cruise ship terminal as we were wiped.

pros for the ferry - gorgeous views, go all the way to the last town and enjoy the ride, but it takes a while. 
train back took us literally 10 minutes, so for speed train, for ambience and site seeing ferry,

The tender to santa margarita takes right int the heart of the town. Easy to grab a ferry to portofino if you want!

tender in Villefraise takes you to the heart of this little town, but other things were much further afield 

Waiting times to board tenders and ferries- non existent pretty much. But crowds are still low right now, and there is only 900 on board this cruise.

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, small update. We were talking to some staff about how quite this cruise is do to low numbers of staff, and found out that the next cruise directly after us was supposedly have 1500 and then the cruise after that about 2000..

I think by July, the ships will be very full, but that’s just a guess on my part.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cookie002 said:

Our bathroom has a tub shower combo, but we are in a sky suite, not sure about other rooms.

Balcony furniture is super comfortable two chairs, table and two wide chaise lounges- but aft balconies are bigger than most, it’s why we love them!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great! Thanks so much for the photos. I’m not sure I can manage the tub, but maybe.

14 hours ago, Cookie002 said:

Ok, small update. We were talking to some staff about how quite this cruise is do to low numbers of staff, and found out that the next cruise directly after us was supposedly have 1500 and then the cruise after that about 2000..

I think by July, the ships will be very full, but that’s just a guess on my part.

Strange that your cruise which is during UK half term holidays and during a four day public holiday week has such low numbers.  Sounds like ours is going to be much busier.

Thanks for all the info. We've different ports but anything about the ship is good to hear.

One thing I noticed in the app for this weeks cruise it just seems to show only one theatre show at 9pm. Is that correct? Maybe because of the low numbers? Normally there are two a night 

Edited by sgmn

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Strange that your cruise which is during UK half term holidays and during a four day public holiday week has such low numbers.  Sounds like ours is going to be much busier.

Thanks for all the info. We've different ports but anything about the ship is good to hear.

One thing I noticed in the app for this weeks cruise it just seems to show only one theatre show at 9pm. Is that correct? Maybe because of the low numbers? Normally there are two a night 

Just retread your post and you say the low numbers are because of low staffing, presumably they are ramping up the staff over the next few weeks.