Difference between the mountain top gondola and mountain top forest tram?

petuniaflower

I'm looking for the same information.  I can't find ticket info for the Mountain Top Tram tour referenced by the Icy Straight Point company in their Facebook info.  I have sent a direct message asking about it, but have not gotten a reply yet.  But with the holiday weekend, I'm not surprised.  Celebrity offers the gondola ride to the mountain top but has nothing about the Tram tour once you get there.  I'm hoping someone who goes can fill us in on all the details.

This article and link may help: 

• You can take the mountain-top gondola to reach the Hoonah Mountain 360 Tram Tour. This one-and-a-half-hour tour shows you some of the most iconic places of Alaska from 1800 ft. above a cruise ship. If you love to get a bird’s eye view of a city, you shouldn’t miss the gondola and the tram ride. The open-air trams give you a 360-degree view of the mountain ranges of Alaska and its Inside Passage that includes the muskegs, glacially carved reflecting ponds and first growth forest. The tram ride stops at various places allowing you to enjoy the serene beauty of Icy Strait and take photos. In fact, you can hike a little and hop on the next tram that comes. The tickets for the tram ride are available with the gondola tickets. Therefore, don’t forget to enjoy both rides when you are in Icy Strait Point.

https://icystraitpointexcursions.com/why-the-icy-strait-point-gondola-is-a-must-ride-for-tourists/

5 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

So am I correct that you must take 1 to get to the other?  And there is no one ticket that includes both?  And does NCL not offer this as included to their guests since they own it?  Thx

Yes, you must take the gondola to get to the open air land tram at the top. I’m not sure about one ticket for both. I did not do either a few weeks ago, but did see that tickets were required for the mountain gondola while the gondola between the two ports was free.

I can’t speak to what NCL includes (I was on Carnival), but I doubt they include the mountain gondola or open air tram.  I would think it is similar to Royal Caribbean & CocoCay or Carnival & Mahogany Bay / Amber Cove, where some things are included, but additional attractions like chair lifts, water slides & zip-lines cost extra.

7 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

And there is no one ticket that includes both? 

The facebook site seems to imply that the tram tour includes the gondola ride but the way it is phrased is a bit unclear.

"you can book Gondola Tickets on the day of arrival for $49.95 per person! Gondola Tickets are for unlimited rides and also include our Tribal Dance Show, which is not to be missed.
The World’s Largest ZipRider and Mountain Top Forest Tram tours include gondola tickets for unlimited rides."

14 hours ago, Woody14 said:

The facebook site seems to imply that the tram tour includes the gondola ride but the way it is phrased is a bit unclear.

"you can book Gondola Tickets on the day of arrival for $49.95 per person! Gondola Tickets are for unlimited rides and also include our Tribal Dance Show, which is not to be missed.
The World’s Largest ZipRider and Mountain Top Forest Tram tours include gondola tickets for unlimited rides."

Sadly the zip/tram excursion is sold out for us:(

Re the tram..it actually has set times on the cruise line excursion site, is there actually a set time for this, or if you purchase can you go up at any time like the gondola?