On Brilliance now - Poor Dining choices for Vegetarians

On 6/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, firefly333 said:

You are the first person I've ever heard of ..I'm the same way. A little coconut and I wake up throwing up. Every single time, all forms. Heart of palm, coconut oil. Milk of coconut. None of it. Even a little bit. 

I didnt used to eat chips ahoy made with coconut oil ... still dont but I can maybe eat one. I cant stand the smell of most sun tan oil. 

I am searching the boards before our RCCL cruise.  This is how I found your post. I am not vegan but I would like to order from the vegan menu in addition to the regular menu so this has helped me a lot.  I am allergic to dairy and I have a rare allergy called FPIES.  One bite of the allergen is all it takes. The projectile vomiting begins approximately 2 to 6 hours after consumption of the allergen. Is this what happens to you?  I have adult onset FPIES.  It is so rare that it took 30 years for someone to finally give me a diagnosis after a tiny chocolate tart tried to kill me on a cruise ship. I try to share this information if it sounds like someone has the same symptoms as I do. Take care.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:29 PM, poocher said:

There has never been an Indian menu.  It was originally made for the crew, then passengers found out about it & started asking for some.  There’s no menu because there’s no set offerings.  It’s whatever they made that night. And not sure why having to ask for a vegetarian menu (besides the one available DAILY in the app) is such a big deal🤷‍♀️

Yes there is a separate Indian menu on Jewel. Introduced by a great innovative HD (Peter?).

Also all UK and European cruises have a curry 🍛 option printed on the main menu every night ( it’s not vegetarian though)