So What Did I do on the Discovery Princess? I went duck hunting.

4x4bob

We boarded the Discovery Princess in Seattle on the 22nd of May for a 7 day round trip to Alaska.

Back in 2019 I found my first Cruising Duck and was hooked on the program.

For this cruise I purchased 12 pirate ducks and information tags that I hung around the neck of each duck.  The Tag said "Conquackulations! You found a cruising duck.  Keep or hide, you decide! But only hide me in public places.  Please no shops or pools!"  On the back I printed our first names and State, Ship's Name and Date of the cruise.

I gave 6 of the ducks to my Daughter who also was on the cruise to hide.

Then I started out with hiding the first two in plants around deck 6-7.  The 3rd one next to Crooners Bar.  The 4th one on deck 16 in a plant next to the glass siding. 

Duck 5 went in behind the hand rail in a Elevator.  And, duck 6 was hidden at the base of the stair hand rail on deck 11. 

I waited a few hours then went back to check on the ducks.  Ducks 1-5 were gone.

Later I saw that duck 6 was gone and I found a batman duck from Los Vegas sitting in its place so I "captured" it.

Later My wife found one of the tags from one of my ducks tied to the hand rail on deck 11. Just the tag, no duck. 

Two days later my daughter found a orange duck.

I searched long and hard but did not find any other ducks. 

The rest of the cruise was outstanding.  No rain, sunshine and some Brrrr cold wind when we were in Endicott arm heading to the glacier on a small boat tour.  Plus the water was so calm that there were no white caps on the small waves.

The ship being new, we were the 11th cruise, was very bright and cheerful. And, with only 3,100 passengers the ship did not feel crowded at any time. 

The staff were prompt with service and friendly.

I did notice some changes and things missing from previous cruises, but to a new passenger they would not feel the loss or that they were missing anything.

The one thing that did bug me was, that at the gangway when we were departing the ship in port there was no "Be Back By" sign.  That was the wrong cut back in my opinion.  I did write about that in the end of cruise report that Princess sent me. 

Now that we are back, it is time to start planning the next Duck Hunt, er, cruise.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob