Alaskan RR from Ankorage to Norwegian Jewel on 8/1

AllenO

We signed up for the transfer from Ted Stevens Airport in Anchorage  via the Alaskan RR.  We also  booked our airfare through Norwegian and won't receive the flight details for a few more weeks.  However, when booking some shore excursions we were asking the customer service reps about the transfer to the ship on the train which is scheduled to get depart Ankorage about noon for Seward on embarkation day.  They made an off-handed comment that our arrival time into the airport may not get us there in time for the train departure and if we miss the train we will be refunded the train excursion cost.  However, my question is if they can't get us into Anchorage in time for the train, how do they plan on getting up to the ship?   Do we look forward to a 4 hour bus ride? It seems like they are winging it when they are asked questions they don't know the answer to.  We are really looking forward to taking the train but does anyone have information on how they schedule flights to arrive in time for the train.  I sort of suspect we will get into Anchorage  in the middle of the night and then have to kill hours in the airport waiting on the train.  TIA

When I made that trip, the train ride started early, like 8am.  And the train ride was like 6 hrs.  The luggage is transported by truck and arrives before you.  The alternative was the bus as private transportation would have been hundreds, if available. 

Check out this website, it may help. They have trips from Anchorage to Seward. It is about 120 miles in between.

Rates for Alaska Cruise Transportation ACT – BIG BUS

Edited by debdel

They told me that it was too close to the departure date and I could not make any changes to my arrival date.  The whole reason I signed up with NCL for our flights is that makes them responsible for getting me to the airport on time and since I signed up for the train, doesn't that make them responsible for getting me into Anchorage in time for the train since I made all my reservations through them?  I know COVID is still throwing everything for a loop but I would just as soon receive NO information as the blatant guessing they seem to be doing.