Amadeus Waterways.

Bop

We are considering our first riverboat cruise on the Danube between Budapest and Prague. Never having been on a riverboat we would like to hear from those who have. We would also like to hear from anyone who has been on Amadeus Waterways boats. There is lots of information on Viking but very little on Amadeus. Comparison?

We are primarily Princess cruisers. What can we expect from Amadeus?

Thanks,

Bop;)

I traveled on the Amadeus Symphony from Amsterdam to Budapest in 2004. The ship and crew are excellent (the food also.) They treat you like royalty. They have a website www.amadeuswaterways.com that has all the info you will need. I have also traveled on 5 Grand Circle river cruises and prefer them mainly becuase their prices are better.

Thanks Roger,

It is always reassuring to hear good reports from past cruisers on an untried line. We will be traveling from Prague to Budapest on the Symphony and are currently in category D (one up from steerage) We are hoping for a window that opens. Do you know if the D category has opening windows? This information is not clear on the site. We are hoping for an upgrade but the boat is currently full.

If you have any tips or recommendations on the trip, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks for the response,

Bop;)

Bop,

The windows in category D do not open. Only the suites and categories a-b have windows that open. I did not travel on your itinerayy but Budapest is a great stop for Amadeus. The ship docks right near the main shooping area and is only a short walk to all major sights.

We cruised on Amadeus last year 08/05 Nuremburg to Luxemburg

I would highly recommend Amadeus, we had a wonderful time even though we had bad weather. The ship, food, & staff were all great.

If possible I would recommend you upgrade your stateroom. The Cat.D rooms have small windows which are located very high on the wall close to the ceiling. The room is actually below water level. Of course you can always go to the lounge or observation deck.

If you have any questions or concerns and would like to email me privately my email address is suegoodboy@hargray.com

You will love your Amadeus cruise!

Sue

we went on the Legendary Danube cruise from Prague to Budapest aboard the Amadeus Symphony. The cruise was just memorable. Everything was perfect; the itinerary, the ship, the friendly crew, the food (especialy breakfast) our fellow travellers and also the weather (beginning of June). We only regretted not having booked some extra nights in Prague at the beginning of the tour. This should be absolutely done, since the regular itinerary does not give you the amount of time this city deserves. We were searching on the internet for deals and found that online tour operators were the most competitive. We discovered UET (*****amade1.html) on the internet and booked with them since their price was the best. And one more advice --- don't book the lowest deck cabin category, unless you don't care staring at a concrete wall when the ship is docked or passes through one of the many locks. I think the more costs of a higher deck cabin are well worth it. Have fun !

I appreciate hearing all the great information. We are doing Budapest to Prague leaving USA on June 29. I really hope we have good weather - sunshine. We are in room B217. Is that a good location? Also, is there air conditioning? Thanks. Marlyne

Thanks Anan, Bunkiew, Marlyn, Sue. tban, and Roger,

We got lucky and booked a category C cabin with a big window. Mimi is a little claustrophobic so the high window and concrete wall view wasn't at all appealing to her. We wanted a balcony but they sell out first, we were told. We will be going to Prague for three days before we embark and plan days in Budapest post cruise. We have heard nothing but good about Amadeus and are looking forward to the trip. Any "don't miss" attractions?

We enjoy classical music and opera and I understand Budapest is a good place to experience both. Any recommendations appreciated.

BTW, we arrive in Prague 9/14 and sail on 9/17/06. We would love to "meet" any others who will be on the cruise as well as all of you, of course.

More later,

Bop ;)

Hi Bop- my wife and I will be on the June 14 Prague to Bucharest cruise as well. We are in our late 50's and this will be our first river cruise. Look forward to meeting you and others. We will be traveling from Seattle. :)

Archived