Princess transfer Southampton > LHR

SomewhereGirl

5 hours ago, greenumbrella said:

we were early in line for actual boarding.  

As a matter of interest, why bother queueing early ? It is not as if you will get a better seat by being on board before everyone else

Edited by wowzz

We are what I would consider savy senior travels and, up until recently, have travelled independently through Italy, France and Portugal with no issues.  I really feel our capabilities have somewhat diminished over the pandemic and am wondering just how difficult it is to travel independently from Heathrow to Southampton for an overnight stay prior to our May cruise on Sky Princess?   The less stress the better!

On 8/19/2022 at 1:53 AM, wowzz said:

As a matter of interest, why bother queueing early ? It is not as if you will get a better seat by being on board before everyone else

13 hours ago, Senga said:

I have requested my post be removed.  I found the CORRECT forum to answer my question.  A private transfer I think!

No better seat but beat the queue totally.  Had time to get bags in overhead, get settled, and start enjoying a softer seat than the airport!  My goal is less stress!

On 8/19/2022 at 4:29 AM, wowzz said:

As a Brit, I was confused about that as well. 

They honored getting us into the priority security queue.  We were also flying Premium but the sign on the priority queue listed both as ways to qualify for that queue (we were in Terminal 3).

41 minutes ago, greenumbrella said:

No better seat but beat the queue totally.  Had time to get bags in overhead, get settled, and start enjoying a softer seat than the airport!  My goal is less stress!

Fair enough. We travel with as little carry on luggage as possible, so have no need to worry about the overhead lockers. We just wait until the queue has dwindled to one or two people, and then stroll onboard. Even less stress !😁