Drink Package offer

Aussie Jeep

Hello all,  looking at the drinks package on a Transatlantic in April 2023

Having not cruised for some time does MSC put out offers on the Drinks package or should I just book it now

Thanks for your help

44 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Booking before sailing will save you the 15% service charge on board.

That's only an advantage, if either way, your home market, or your embarkation port doesn't impose a state tax higher than those 15%. For example: If I want to do a cruise from the Dubai, may be better purchasing the drinks package on the ship, once it is a 15% charge, against a 23% VAT tax here in Portugal. So, now; if I want to have a cruise out of Barcelona, then it is better to purchase at home, once there is the odd 15% surcharge, plus a 10% specific cruise charge for cruises going from there. Out of my own city, it's again similar to the Dubai situation, so, bear in mind with what situation is like related to your own state tax system. Thing may vary country to country, and the OP is in Australia! Either way: If they have the "drinks on us" or similar promos, this is usually the best way to have some discounted drinks packages. As per my experience they usually come just after the main booking period for any given market. For example, here where I live, main booking time is March/April, then those promotions will run mostly on May/June for the leftovers. Things may vary on the post covid.

45 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

That's only an advantage, if either way, your home market, or your embarkation port doesn't impose a state tax higher than those 15%. For example: If I want to do a cruise from the Dubai, may be better purchasing the drinks package on the ship, once it is a 15% charge, against a 23% VAT tax here in Portugal. So, now; if I want to have a cruise out of Barcelona, then it is better to purchase at home, once there is the odd 15% surcharge, plus a 10% specific cruise charge for cruises going from there. Out of my own city, it's again similar to the Dubai situation, so, bear in mind with what situation is like related to your own state tax system. Thing may vary country to country, and the OP is in Australia! Either way: If they have the "drinks on us" or similar promos, this is usually the best way to have some discounted drinks packages. As per my experience they usually come just after the main booking period for any given market. For example, here where I live, main booking time is March/April, then those promotions will run mostly on May/June for the leftovers. Things may vary on the post covid.

Interesting.  Here in the states, we wouldn't pay any sales tax on pre-cruise purchases.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JAGR said:

Interesting.  Here in the states, we wouldn't pay any sales tax on pre-cruise purchases.

Yeah! I know, but the EU is different. So, may be Australia and others! Have a nice day!...

• Thanks 1