things to do for family near royal naval dockyard

kitkat343

My family has a dolphin touch program from 9:30-10 am.  The next ferry to Hamilton leaves at 11:15 am (we are there on a Saturday).  Are there any good restaurants/cafes or places nearby that kids would enjoy?  

I think the kids would really like the ferry, but I'm guessing the 3:15 ferry leaving hamilton is too close for a 4 pm all aboard?    

• 2 weeks later...

How old are the kids? In the National Museum of Bermuda (where I'm guessing you are having your dolphin encounter) there's a small but unique playground that my 4yo daughter loved and is looking forward to returning this fall as a 7yo. The fort part of the museum was also very interesting for kids. And there's sheep on the grounds! Doesn't answer your food question, but definitely something fun to do in the dockyard.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 11:30 PM, kitkat343 said:

My family has a dolphin touch program from 9:30-10 am.  The next ferry to Hamilton leaves at 11:15 am (we are there on a Saturday).  Are there any good restaurants/cafes or places nearby that kids would enjoy?  

I think the kids would really like the ferry, but I'm guessing the 3:15 ferry leaving hamilton is too close for a 4 pm all aboard?    

The Museum and Commisioners House. You will already be on the grounds. Frog and Onion Pub would be good for lunch. The Craft Market in the same building as the F&O,  I always find something. . Bermuda Fun Golf could be an activity. There are Segway Tours. Shopping at the Clocktower Mall. Buy some Bermuda Fudge at they kiosk located near the ferry dock. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruisingbooboo said:

Friends took their kids to the Pirate Ship restaurant near the ship, they rented floats and jumped off the plank. Their kids were 3, 9 and 12 and they LOVED it!

Unfortunately the Pirate Ship ( Calico Jacks) is gone. 

• Like 2