ETA question.

elmsliebev

Hi, we are flying into Vancouver next month and then cruising to Alaska. I've just done mine and my husband's eTA applications. Mine was approved straightaway, my husband's is being reviewed. Is this common?  There are no red flags or dodgy answers that I can see. The ArriveCAN app has also been completed successfully, just need to put the flight details in 72 hours before we fly, then a 2nd one for the cruise once we get there. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, elmsliebev said:

Hi, we are flying into Vancouver next month and then cruising to Alaska. I've just done mine and my husband's eTA applications. Mine was approved straightaway, my husband's is being reviewed. Is this common?  There are no red flags or dodgy answers that I can see. The ArriveCAN app has also been completed successfully, just need to put the flight details in 72 hours before we fly, then a 2nd one for the cruise once we get there. Fingers crossed. 

DW and I both had our renewals approved with no interview. From what I've been able to determine, any change in personal information can trigger the requirement for an interview. So if you change jobs, retire, run afoul of the law, change your name, etc., etc., this could result in the need for an interview. Whether this also applies to the review process I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I both had our renewals approved with no interview. From what I've been able to determine, any change in personal information can trigger the requirement for an interview. So if you change jobs, retire, run afoul of the law, change your name, etc., etc., this could result in the need for an interview. Whether this also applies to the review process I don't know.

thanks - do you have to do an eTA even if you live in Canada? It's our first time to visit, so there's nothing to compare it against. I'm just a bit twitchy in case I filled something in wrong! 

@elmsliebev, my apologies for a totally off-base reply in my earlier post. I somehow switched from a thread dealing with NEXUS renewal applications and ended up reading your post, missing the fact that it was an eTA application being reviewed.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on this topic. Again, apologies for my very misleading post. Hopefully someone with eTA experience can help you out.

• Like 1

Actually, your post wasn’t that misleading, @Fouremco, because it’s the same concept with regard to change in information.  Sometimes it’s just as simple as having your passport verified at check-in.  Especially if it’s been renewed.  Also, if your husband has a similar name to someone who has come to the attention of law enforcement, they will need that extra step to clear the flag.

• Like 1