Amsterdam Aft Vista Suite

Kamfish642

2 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

I have an Aft Vista Suite (7191) on an upcoming Rotterdam cruise.  Does anyone have any experience staying in these aft Vista suites on the Rotterdam that can provide me some feedback?

Howdy Next Door Neighbor 😀 I do believe we are on the same cruise lol

While this is my first time sailing Rotterdam, it is far from my first Aft facing stateroom. I would venture to say over the years at least 60% were at facing so we actually  love the,. As for a AS Vista Suite the closest I have been to one was back in 2016 when I originally booked AS7192 on the Inaugural Koningsdam but took an Upsell to a Neptune. But on a Sea Day we went and knocked on the door of that stateroom and told them we had originally booked the stateroom and asked if they received and upsell off and they did. They let us go inside and see the cabin. They are a bit longer than a normal stateroom balcony. Last year on the first HAL sailing to Alaska we were in a regula aft facing balcony on deck 7 of the Nieuw Amsterdam and absolutely loved it. While it is good to have a Suite, those aft facing staterooms are wonderful and I think for Norway it is going to be perfect!!.

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Howdy Next Door Neighbor 😀 I do believe we are on the same cruise lol

While this is my first time sailing Rotterdam, it is far from my first Aft facing stateroom. I would venture to say over the years at least 60% were at facing so we actually  love the,. As for a AS Vista Suite the closest I have been to one was back in 2016 when I originally booked AS7192 on the Inaugural Koningsdam but took an Upsell to a Neptune. But on a Sea Day we went and knocked on the door of that stateroom and told them we had originally booked the stateroom and asked if they received and upsell off and they did. They let us go inside and see the cabin. They are a bit longer than a normal stateroom balcony. Last year on the first HAL sailing to Alaska we were in a regula aft facing balcony on deck 7 of the Nieuw Amsterdam and absolutely loved it. While it is good to have a Suite, those aft facing staterooms are wonderful and I think for Norway it is going to be perfect!!.

Our first time on an aft balcony.  Our only concern was the possible funnel exhaust trailing the ship while navigating through fjords.  We saw this as a problem on a Princess cruise in Alaska and glad that we did not book an aft cabin; otherwise, I've primarily heard only good things.

Hopefully we'll cross paths on cruise!  Feel free to stop by or call.

Joe and Ellen Anderson

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Our first time on an aft balcony.  Our only concern was the possible funnel exhaust trailing the ship while navigating through fjords.  We saw this as a problem on a Princess cruise in Alaska and glad that we did not book an aft cabin; otherwise, I've primarily heard only good things.

Hopefully we'll cross paths on cruise!  Feel free to stop by or call.

Joe and Ellen Anderson

People have talked about exhaust and or soot from the funnel in aft staterooms but I have to admit I really have not really ever had a problem. We have done aft numerous times on HAL, NCL Princess and even RCL. The only think that is a bit different is the feel of the motion. I cannot say it is worse just a bit different. But I would choose it all day long compared to a forward facing stateroom. 

Oh I am sure we will cross paths. Probably the very first day. we are in 7189. 

Lisa and Tom

• Thanks 1

We were on deck 4 in an aft vista suite on the Rotterdam just a week ago…..we had no soot. Loved it. Cabin was roomy with plenty of great storage and a really nice bathroom…..bed near the balcony but it was nice laying in bed looking at the fjords…

• Thanks 1