Update from Bermuda on TA

Artcricket

I emailed Bermuda Tourism Authority again and finally got a response. We are departing Boston on June 24 on NCL Pearl. The email I received from Bermuda today said we should have our approval 2 days before we leave. I sent an email back saying since 8 of us are flying from Chicago to Boston on June 21 it would be helpful to know before we fly out if we are approved. Anyone else leaving then have an approval yet?

1 hour ago, Artcricket said:

I emailed Bermuda Tourism Authority again and finally got a response. We are departing Boston on June 24 on NCL Pearl. The email I received from Bermuda today said we should have our approval 2 days before we leave. I sent an email back saying since 8 of us are flying from Chicago to Boston on June 21 it would be helpful to know before we fly out if we are approved. Anyone else leaving then have an approval yet?

You may want to post over on the Bermuda sub-forum as well.  There are MANY threads there on the Bermuda TA and lots of data points on when folks applied, when they got their initial application receipt, and when they got their Final Approval.  In our particular case, we received our Final Approval docs on June 5, and we sail this Sunday, June 12.  Others received theirs earlier than our one week ahead.  You may also want to consider calling Bermuda, some folks have had very good luck getting approvals over the phone.

You need to apply, pay, and upload your vaccination credentials up to a month before your cruise - when your ship and sail date appears available for you to select and apply.

Please don’t wait until two days before you embark!

Thanks. I applied a month ahead of time and received a number. It stated I would be getting an email with final approval. I just thought 2 days was cutting it a bit close being we will be flying to Boston on Tuesday, and taking proctored Covid tests Wednesday morning - not having received approval yet. 

3 hours ago, Artcricket said:

Thanks. I applied a month ahead of time and received a number. It stated I would be getting an email with final approval. I just thought 2 days was cutting it a bit close being we will be flying to Boston on Tuesday, and taking proctored Covid tests Wednesday morning - not having received approval yet. 

Email or call them, Last October I got mine but My husband did not, so we emailed and he got it within the hour.  2 days before.

We are also on the Pearl this Friday !  We only have a 25 min drive to the peer so not as stressful as flying. Hope you enjoy your time in Boston

On the Pearl 6/17. Applied about a week ago and received the TA within a couple of days. If you are worried, you can call their toll free number. I had to call for a cruise in May and they sent the TA right while we were on the phone. 

To save the phone calls to Bermuda, why don’t you start applying for BTA at least a week and up to a month prior to your cruise …. This gives our Bermuda people time to check your credentials and approve them .

they work 8am to 8pm and prioritize according to cruise dates. Please don’t leave it to the last 2 days before applying for BTA. 

• Like 2