Llloyds Bank insurance not adequate

Neecy1

I'm sure this has been covered in the past but can't seem to find it. We have insurance with lloyds bank but from the wording it looks like we are not covered for repatriation due to covid. I've got a quote from holiday Extras via p&o website but it's come back as over £200 for our 2 week cruise. Just wondered if anyone can advise what they did in a similar situation. I seem to remember there was a top up policy for a lot less? Thanks for any help

Thanks for the post!

I am utterly confused as to buying travel insurance. MSC says it must cover cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization.

Does your insurance through the bank cover you for that word for word? And if not, what does it say it you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Hi. My other half rang bank and read the p&o requirements to them. They said yes we were covered. Apparently existing customers only. We have a platinum account. We'll study the documentation when it arrives of course. I agree, so confusing.

The Lloyds policy is with Allianz who are acknowledged as one of the market leaders.  However be aware of the following:

Quarantine payments are limited to £1,000

Basic cruise cover is included but there is no cover for things like missed ports (some cruises are currently have a lot of port alterations).

I have this policy attached to my Halifax (part of Lloyds group) account and researched it very thoroughly last year.  Due to the complexity of some of my travel arrangements I purchased a new policy with very detailed cruise and covid cover from, on this occasion the Post Office.  I'm 66 years old with a few minor existing medical conditions to declare and a full worldwide policy with every bell and whistle cost £330.  I have literally every add on you can think of for that price.

Hi Megabear. Thanks for the info. I do remember you researching all aspects of insurance.

We're not bothered about missed ports. Just happy to be on the ship but I can understand others feeling frustrated. We'll have a look at the policy wording when it arrives. Thanks for info about post office.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, Neecy1 said:

Hi Megabear. Thanks for the info. I do remember you researching all aspects of insurance.

We're not bothered about missed ports. Just happy to be on the ship but I can understand others feeling frustrated. We'll have a look at the policy wording when it arrives. Thanks for info about post office.

Our insurance was with Lloyds Bank until last April.  We were assured everything that was needed to cruise last year was covered but DH did ask them to put that in writing clearly - the policy document did not state that all needs were covered.  So we turned up to cruises with that extra wording, plus the policy document with certain things highlighted.  Not sure if that wording has changed now.

We have changed to another insurance when the length of individual holidays went down after their change of underwriter (possibly not the right word, please excuse if not).   I think it reduced from about 45 days to 30 days, which is not adequate for us, otherwise no problems with them as insurers, other than we recently had to pay for our account, c.f. the previous free situation if we kept to a certain minimum balance. 

We now have cover for hols up to 60 days, but have lost the disruption insurance which was good, though in the current climate we will be sticking to packages or will have holidays put together by an agent, e.g. Kuoni who have put together a couple of individual long haul hols for us previously at good prices and service/hotels were brilliant, (we were upgraded in most hotels).