EMed covid test with a minor

kona_wahine

Anyone who has done this can you please tell me how it works? I’ve read that you do the test the same time as you do your own? Not sure how that would work…. I’ve read that you show your ID, as they obviously don’t have an official ID? (12 year old) That would make sense…. Just wanting to get feedback from someone who has experience. I’ve done mine a couple times, just taking my granddaughter in a couple weeks and want to be prepared.  Thanks in advance! 

I did it with my kids. I do know if you can do it at the same time. We did a different time for each adult and kid. You have to show your ID and administer the test to the child on camera. (Not fun if you have a squeamish kid.)  Your internet connection also has to be good enough for the proctor to clearly be able to see your ID, the test etc.  This was a real problem for us as at the time we were at our lake house which only has satellite internet. Took us multiple attempte and several hours to get 4 people done.  I am very worried about it when we go to the UK because their internet sucks.  

Taken my kids (9 and 12) on 3 cruises in the last 6 months. Emed is so easy for them. You’ll just log in with your Acct. Show your id and have them attached to your acct. it’s very simple and totally stress free. 

They have let my 9 yr old do himself and they have once asked my 12 yr old for me to do it. They areas kinda random

i didn’t do my test at the same time. I did my kids after mine

Have a great cruise!

Edited by KyloRen