Royal UP

Posted this yesterday in the bigger RoyalUp thread...

This won't excite anyone, but we just won a RoyalUp from an interior GTY to a promenade view interior for the 1st half of our Indy B2B 14 days out. We drew the short straw and were originally assigned deck 3 (would never choose to be in the basement trapped behind the ice rink, lol) so we're happy.

The min bid was only $15 and we bid a tiny bit more. One interesting note is that yesterday the cruise was showing as completely sold out except for one junior suite. Just before I got the RoyalUp e-mail, I noticed some interiors had appeared (as had other categories) and I was just about to text my TA to try to move us.

So anyway, yay for the cheapo upgrade, and don't assume that a "sold out" cruise won't open up in the final 2 weeks.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hubby and I are sailing on Jewel of the Seas TA Oct 25. We currently have an aft balcony that I would probably be very happy with keeping but Since it is a TA we wonder about possible Royal Up options. I would only consider a suite, and presently 3.5 months precruise there are only two listed. One Owner's Suite and one Royal Suite. Considering they are asking $4K and $6K more than we paid for ours (per person), I would only bid $1500 or $2000 for those. But the perks on a TA would be especially nice for all those days at sea.

Suggestions?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just got the royal up offer.  We would love to be in a suite so I am going to bid on the junior suite and also the 1 bedroom  It is about 30 days before the cruise and there are 11 junior suites unassigned and 3 owners suites unassigned.  There is also a 2 bedroom suite available and an owner's suite available.  If we put in a good offer for the junior suite and a decent offer for the 1 bedroom, and then do a weak offer for the owner's suite and the 2 bedroom suite, are we lessening our chances for the junior suite and the 1 bedroom?  Our first choice would be the 1 bedroom.  Anyone have any idea what the chances might be?  We were in an "unassigned cabin - as it they pick the ocean front balcony - so I have no idea if our location will be good or bad if we don't do this.  Thanks in advance.