Earliest Flight From LGA from Manhattan Cruise Terminal

WKUTopperFan

My return is on a Monday at 8AM (August 22) aboard the Carnival Magic. I have the option to priority debark and most likely will. I've only cruised out of Manhattan once about 4 years ago and don't remember how long it took to get through customs, etc. My 11 yo niece doesn't have a passport so I won't get to use the facial recognition that I have grown accustom in my previous sailings. I have Global Entry which may speed things up.

How early of a flight can I book out of LGA. I will be checking bags but have Status on either airline I'll be booking so no bag check  lines per se and have Pre Check. Also, what time should I schedule the limo to pick us up at the pier?

DEA 

20 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

My 11 yo niece doesn't have a passport so I won't get to use the facial recognition that I have grown accustom in my previous sailings. I have Global Entry which may speed things up.

This is going to slow you down and you should budget some extra time for it in case. Also, Manhattan Cruise Terminal doesn't offer Global Entry. Even if it did if she does't have Global Entry it won't make a difference since she won't be able to accompany you through the Global Entry channel unless she has it herself. 

21 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

How early of a flight can I book out of LGA. I will be checking bags but have Status on either airline I'll be booking so no bag check  lines per se and have Pre Check.

Based on what you said I wouldn't schedule anything earlier than 11am. The Carnival Magic is a big ship and your niece's lack of a passport could be a hindrance and slow things down. Also it might be wise to travel with a parental consent letter in case asked-- the US Dept of State recommends one when not traveling with their biological parents as some countries do require them (and some require them notarized). 

For something not rushed you are looking more like noon or later. Travel time without traffic is about 30 minutes but can be much more than that during the morning rush hour. 

28 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

Also, what time should I schedule the limo to pick us up at the pier?

If the ship is schedule to arrive at 8am and you have priority disembarkation, 9 seems reasonable. The ship has a chance of arriving early and that could add some buffer. Worse case scenario is the driver waits a bit. If you are in the car by 9, factoring morning traffic on a Monday, you are arriving at LGA just before 10am. 

I agree with the above, about 9am off the ship, then allow 30-60 minutes to airport - you never know when you will hit a traffic jam and it happens often on a weekday. Checking in 1 hour prior for a flight is the minimum to get through luggage drop and security.  So you have 0-30 minutes of safety margin here. Noon or later is a safer choice.  Since you will have had an early breakfast, why not plan to grab lunch at the airport while waiting for the flight!