Best things to take advantage of if staying on the ship on port days?

Sailing on the Symphony (first time for everyone in group).  We are stopping at St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  We will probably walk to some of the historical buildings/sites and then return to the ship.

We imagine that some activities, like FlowRider or laser tag or whatever, will be less busy but may also have shorter hours of operations.  Pools are probably less busy?

Anyway, what are some good ways to take particular advantage of the ship on port days?  Thanks for any insight!

I like to walk the different decks and try out different cabins. While the cabin staff are cleaning, I walk in and try out the bed maybe take a nap, scope out the balcony, hit the bathroom, maybe try different tooth pastes. Heck if I'm lucky I'll find some new clothes that fit me.

On a serious note, we find it a nice time to hit the activities on the ship. FlowRider, bumper cars, laser tag, etc. There's usually less people in the pools and hot tubs, so it can be nice to grab a bite to eat, relax in the pool/hot tub and get a fruity drink.

• Haha 4

All of the above (well, except those unauthorized cabin tours!).  We've stay aboard on several port stops just because we've been-there-done-that.  The ship will be pleasantly uncrowded.  If you are considering any spa services, this might be a good tome to schedule them as they are less expensive than on sea days. 

We once stayed onboard while the ship was at Labadee and it was totally empty.  I think at one point, we were the only passengers ont he pool deck.

• Like 1

We stayed on recently to get some work done, (Zoom calls) and there were crew drills all morning. I was constantly having to mute.  Lunch options are limited, generally, often just the buffet, and if applicable, Coastal Kitchen.

Pools will be empty, deck will be quiet.  Not sure of that is an advantage to everyone,  it is to me. 

Last cruise  the stop in Nassau was like a sea day with so many staying on board. 

M