vaccination documents

cocktail1954

due to cruise the British Isles in July. We just received an email stating that we need an authentic certification of vaccination. They will refuse the vaccination cards. We do not receive anything but the cards in the States. Does anyone have a number for customer support? Even our T.A. is having difficulty getting info from them. We had changed to this cruise after the original cruise, that was a partial world cruise out of San Fran in 2021, was cancelled. 

May I suggest that you start this thread again on the Cunard pages. A lot of Americans are frequently posting on there and I am sure they will give you the answer to your problem as they will have had to solve it themselves.

Hope you find your answer quickly.

Regards from Suffolk, England.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

May I suggest that you start this thread again on the Cunard pages. A lot of Americans are frequently posting on there and I am sure they will give you the answer to your problem as they will have had to solve it themselves.

Why the Cunard page? It depends which ship the person is going on so it would help answer the question if we knew. I am sure the P&O support  team will help.

• Like 1

Just now, Yorkypete said:

Why the Cunard page? It depends which ship the person is going on so it would help answer the question if we knew. I am sure the P&O support  team will help.

because the writer has a question about "authentic certification of vaccination" which is a generic issue common to both Cunard and P&O.

As I read it, it is not a ship or cruise specific query so any American who has come over here to do a UK based cruise will already have met this situation - e.g. fly to UK - visit the country/Europe - return on the Queen Mary 2.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bbtablet said:

I wouldn't recommend that, the OP needs an answer about P&O.

Just trying to help him with some lateral thinking.

In the meantime, as the cruiser and his TA are getting nowhere at the moment, surely plenty of fellow countrymen will already have had to deal with this generic (Carnival-wide) issue - he needs advice from someone who has already faced the issue.

I maintain some Cunard USA passengers will have done so, and they are a helpful and vocal lot over there on the Cunard site.

If the cruiser finds out how it is done with USA Cunard Southampton passengers then he only needs to ask for confirmation from P&O that the same procedure applies to him, which it surely will - how can P&O and Cunard not have matching rules re proof of vaccinations requirements for USA passengers embarking at Southampton?

• Like 5

On 6/17/2022 at 7:01 AM, Host Hattie said:

I wouldn't recommend that, the OP needs an answer about P&O.

I agree that the Cunard boards may not be the answer, but possibly the Ports of Call section for the British Isles could be a useful first move as there would be far more US cruisers there.  P&O passengers are almost 100% Brits, so would not be able to help at all with US pax requirements.

Admittedly though, an answer from P&O in writing (perhaps after an email inquiry) is the only really reliable way to get an answer.  People often mention waiting up to an hour for P&O to answer the phone and wrong information could be given then, so not a useful option for the OP really.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:14 PM, cocktail1954 said:

due to cruise the British Isles in July. We just received an email stating that we need an authentic certification of vaccination. They will refuse the vaccination cards. We do not receive anything but the cards in the States. Does anyone have a number for customer support? Even our T.A. is having difficulty getting info from them. We had changed to this cruise after the original cruise, that was a partial world cruise out of San Fran in 2021, was cancelled. 

Check if your state offers anything. We have the same issue, but NY offers An electronic  excelsior pass with our vac dates. While I am not sure I believe PO won’t take UK paper record but would think they would accept from USA if no alternative. The other issue is medical and evacuation insurance which are difficult to match PO requirements. 

• Like 1

The P&O site says "up to date NHS COVID-19 pass, or valid vaccination certificate issued by a local health authority". Would think that would cover it? You have a certificate from your local health authority. 

Link https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/booking-with-confidence#vaccination-policy

Edited by newbie cruissy

On 6/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, newbie cruissy said:

The P&O site says "up to date NHS COVID-19 pass, or valid vaccination certificate issued by a local health authority". Would think that would cover it? You have a certificate from your local health authority. 

Link https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/booking-with-confidence#vaccination-policy

The OP is from the US and subsequent discussion is about what they need, so no they do not have covid passes like ours.

It never hurts to check direct with P&O however my understanding is that the vaccine proof requirements will be the same as the ex-UK Princess sailings:

For international, non-UK guests, the following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: Digital or paper records, or QR codes, showing the vaccine type, the date of each vaccine administered, the individual’s name and date of birth or other identifier.

What specific document this proves to be will depend upon the health authority you live in.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, newbie cruissy said:

But they do have a "valid vaccination certificate issued by a local health authority" don't they. 

Not like we do and depends on the State as to what may be available.   Molecrochip is likely to be highly reliable, though as he says checking with P&O will not hurt.

• 2 months later...

They confirmed to another American couple on another social media site that they will accept proof of an approved USA vaccination programme.

you will need to show a CDC card showing you have had a full course of an FDA approved vaccine in the USA.

the record cards they won’t accept are the uk ones.

I would just ask your TA to email them to confirm.

• Thanks 1