Taxi to Mendenhall Glacier

mhofmann

We have decided to take a taxi to Mendenhall. (5 people) Has anyone used a reliable company this season (2022) to get the the glacier?  Someone on a previous post mentioned Glacier Taxi and Tours, but I couldn't find a website.  We also do have a National Park pass so we are hoping to avoid the charge.  Those that have taken a taxi before...do you just set a pick up time or did you just text when you wanted to get picked up?  

• 8 months later...
On 6/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, mhofmann said:

We have decided to take a taxi to Mendenhall. (5 people) Has anyone used a reliable company this season (2022) to get the the glacier?  Someone on a previous post mentioned Glacier Taxi and Tours, but I couldn't find a website.  We also do have a National Park pass so we are hoping to avoid the charge.  Those that have taken a taxi before...do you just set a pick up time or did you just text when you wanted to get picked up?  

Did you take a taxi? I read somewhere that they charge $17 for the $5 park pass on top of the fare. Was this true? Thanks. 

21 hours ago, 2fromaurora said:

Did you take a taxi? I read somewhere that they charge $17 for the $5 park pass on top of the fare. Was this true? Thanks. 

For us, that is exactly what we are anticipating the We have booked a ride to Mendenhall with DLUX RIDES, their website is their name and add dot com.  Here is the initial response to my request for  information that I received from Shane:

The information provided below is general in nature, we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

The cost to go to the Mendenhall Glacier from the Cruise Dock area is approximately $45.00 each way for the taxi.  The rate is metered

We are a U.S. Forest Service Special Use Commercial Permit Holder. The US Forest Service has made all U.S. Forest Service Special Use Commercial Permit Holders, a Federal Forest Service Kiosk. The Forest Service Fees to enter the Mendenhall Glacier are $7.00 per person 16 yrs and up and $2.00 for 15 yrs and down.  This will be collected by your Driver. This includes access to the visitor center.  If you have any type of park pass, it would only be a $2.00 per person charge.  These fees are non-negotiable and are federal fees that are charged, not local.  The Company charges a 10.00 per person surcharge on all trips to the Mendenhall Glacier; this is on top of the Federal Forest Service Fees. The total cost per person is 17.00 per person 16 years and up and 12.00 per person 15 years and down.

The Travel time to the Mendenhall Glacier and Downtown Juneau, Cruise Terminal is approximately 25 minutes each way.

Our Tour rate is 70.00 per hour.

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, luv2cruise668 said:

I just reserved them for August 6th.  I hope it works out.   Mendenhall glacier is the only thing I want to do in Juneau  

I would recommend going to Deckhand Dave's for lunch while in Juneau.  Excellent fish tacos.  Short walk from most docks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quack2 said:

I would recommend going to Deckhand Dave's for lunch while in Juneau.  Excellent fish tacos.  Short walk from most docks.

We will probably do that before we go to the glacier.  Last year we did Tracy’s.  We won’t be going there again.  It is too expensive for what you get.  Looking to try something different and I have heard great things about Deckhand Dave’s.  😊

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:06 AM, WaggesAZ said:

For us, that is exactly what we are anticipating the We have booked a ride to Mendenhall with DLUX RIDES, their website is their name and add dot com.  Here is the initial response to my request for  information that I received from Shane:

We have used them the past 2 summers. Promptly picked us up.