Europe: Greece Boarding update —live

vanchelle

Hello-I considered placing this in the Greece Ports but I’ve noticed that people tend to only go there for “port talk” not necessarily NCL “stuff” 

If I need to move it, so be it:)

anywho-live update re: boarding, Covid tests etc.

mom NCL Jade June 19-26 2022

*We TESTED last night - during the 24 hour window. We used Azova online proctored with pre purchased Flow Flex tests. 

*we have results in our phone from our tests. We arrived at the port at 11:05AM

*hardly anyone here upon arrival—> very clear where to go via the blue ropes. We were promptly informed what we needed:

passports

cruise docs (paper or on phone)

vaccine cards/paperwork

And IF WE HAD OUR test results within 24 hours, have those ready. 
we waited five minutes in line before seeing someone to pre-register. We showed them everything asked, someone took our luggage. 

*because we HAD our test results we received a pink bracelet immediately, as well as the yellow circle sticker. We then passed the “testing tent” and proceeded to second tent/building. 

*we were then given a colored ticket- this was at 11:15 AM  we were seated with brown card we were told there were 3 colored ahead of us and it would be some time since check in wasn’t open. 

*at 11:25AM Brown card were called 

we proceeded into the check in building-they were clearly staggering groups between building to lessen lines. 
we checked in- needing our passports, docs, and taking new pics. 
then security line took another 8 minutes or so. 

*we were on board by 12:05 PM 

*everyone is encourage to proceed to their Muster area FIRST before heading to Deck 12 for lunch

*we did this, scanned card and went to The Great Outdoors. We had drinks in hand by 12:20PM

YMMV but hopefully this helps!! 

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, emmy8176 said:

Thank you so much for this great information, hope you have a fabulous trip! We will be boarding the Jade next Sunday 🙂stateroom access was announced at 1 pm, so all in all a very smooth process.

Pool isn’t nearly as crowded as our traditional carrinean itineraries. It’s our first Med itinerary so not sure how much is size of ship and Covid. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us all. Would you mind letting me know if the Jade is back to doing 2 shows per evening for the Stardust Theatre and the show times or if they're still just doing the one show per evening? 

Thanks

Thank you for this info, I just posted my questions on the roll call for upcoming cruise departing from Athens on the Jade in Nov.  You cleared up some questions I had.  Did you test in Athens to meet the day requirement?

Thanks, Genzi

I thought non US ports you can do a covid test within 3 days of departure? 

*Edit

Please ignore me I can see Greece has a 24 hour requirement. Glad we are going from Italy later in the year. One less thing to worry about on hols. 

Edited by MISSGJ

On 6/19/2022 at 6:16 PM, Brad548ye said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us all. Would you mind letting me know if the Jade is back to doing 2 shows per evening for the Stardust Theatre and the show times or if they're still just doing the one show per evening? 

Thanks

Not yet:( still just one show around 8/8:30 

so far an illusionist, an acrobatic duo and a musician. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, BigRedFan said:

Thank you for this info, I just posted my questions on the roll call for upcoming cruise departing from Athens on the Jade in Nov.  You cleared up some questions I had.  Did you test in Athens to meet the day requirement?

Thanks, Genzi

Yes-we chose to do the Azoza? azova? Online proctors tested from our hotel room the night before. 

On 6/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, emmy8176 said:

Thank you so much for this great information, hope you have a fabulous trip! We will be boarding the Jade next Sunday 🙂

So far, the ship does NOT feel anywhere near “full” we’ve only sailed on the Epic and Getaway, which have more pax so it could simply be the fact that this is a smaller vessel. 
overall, I am VERY happy with this ship. Very few lines anywhere. Super clean. 

• Like 1