Cunard website - flights

Belle1990

Is it me, or is Cunard's website a problem? I have used two different, updated browsers on my laptop, and I can't see my flights. I called Cunard. Waited 30 minutes, got a person, then that person routed me to the air folks, waited again. She confirmed my air and let me get seats on all flights. She was great. Took almost a hour and a half on hold. I had paid all this off in March!

See below what I still keep seeing in my account.

By the way, the QM2 Facebook admin rejected this post.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 4.05.12 PM.png

• Host Hattie changed the title to Cunard website - flights

I've updated your title to differentiate this from all the other problems with the website !

Short answer, yes it's a problem but I haven't got flights booked so I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

I'm not entirely clear what the problem is but then I don't book flights through Cunard. It looks to me like the Cunard website is showing at least one of your flights. Is a return flight missing, is the issue that the seat assignments aren't showing, or is it something else?

Since it's showing your record locator, I would have booked my seats online myself using the American Airlines website "aa.com". That website allows you to retrieve an existing reservation via the "Manage trips / Check-in" functionality. I know you started another "Airfare with Cunard" thread a few days ago indicating you were having difficulty. Now that I know your flights are with American Airlines, perhaps I can offer some further assistance with locating your reservation and verifying your seat assignments on their website since I book flights with American Airlines almost exclusively.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks everyone. No one has sent any email. I plowed through this myself without the help of my travel agent. Usually I book my own air, but this time I went with Cunard because of Covid implications and adding travel insurance with Cunard.

It seems when you book with a third party, you are on your own. No one gave me any guidance even after everything was paid. 

My travel agent will be hearing from me regarding better protocols for helping her clients.

If I had not been proactive, I would have not had any selected seats--let alone confirmations.

But the Cunard site is still showing me that unhelpful data that I posted above.

Still excited to try Cunard and do a TA! 

• Like 1

Hi Belle - yes I have had nightmares with Cunard over flights through a travel agent - but hopefully all sorted now, so many people seem to get involved it makes it more confusing.  But probably shouldn’t change the subject from flights but the new Cunard Voyage Personaliser is useless and nothing like the old one - I cant find a proper itinerary, cant find the dress codes for each evening - so difficult to navigate. And no my flights havent even appeared on it yet.

58 minutes ago, Jailhousepete said:

...  But probably shouldn’t change the subject from flights but the new Cunard Voyage Personaliser is useless and nothing like the old one - I cant find a proper itinerary, cant find the dress codes for each evening - so difficult to navigate. And no my flights haven't even appeared on it yet.

You certainly won't get any argument from me that the "My Cunard" functionality leaves a lot to be desired. But I can help you find the dress codes (if they have been assigned for your cruise). The dress codes are found within each individual day's entry of the "Day" view within "Your calendar". Here's an example showing the dress code for one day in the lower right of the calendar view.

My Cunard Day Calendar Corrected.png

Since you mentioned you are doing a portion of the QM2 world cruise on the other "Queen Mary Obstructed View" thread, the dress codes may not yet be assigned for your cruise. I do know the dress codes have been assigned for QV's 2023 world cruise but I haven't heard yet if they have been assigned for QM2's 2023 world cruise.