How soon before cruise would shore excurions be posted and would you make final payment if none listed?

Dave1111

We are booked for Eurodam 11-20-22 thru 11-30-22 Panama Canal Sunfarer. Cruise was already shortened by a  day. Only excursions listed are in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Shore Excursions desk when called said no worries. Final payment due mid-august. Thoughts?

Thanks to all, love this forum.

That seems unusual.  I booked shore excursions last night for my February 2023 cruise. 

that said, sometimes the shore excursions listings will increase the closer to the cruise. I generally only book excursions prior to cruising  which are low capacity, highly popular, must dos and likely to sell out. 

Edited by Mary229

To be honest they take a while to get them updated with all of the constant changes. I am on the 11/9 sailing that had a day added. I show tours through the first few days and then only 2 for Cartegena and then nothing after that including Fort Lauderdale which always has the exact same transfer and transfer + tour options. They should eventually get it sorted out and updated as they really would like to take all of our money for tours. The only time I have had them not eventually get tours added was for Catalina Island where they apparently had nothing set up there yet. 

If you are anxious to book and don't mind going third party you can look at Shore Excursion Group &  Project Expedition which are both solid options and offer back to ship guarantee & cruise friendly cancellation in the event of a missed port of call. Viator is another good choice but not sure what all they offer in terms of cancellation.