Problems with booking on website?

dritan

Hi

Gone into a slight panic as I've tried to book a cruise on the UK Celebrity website - but whilst it looks ok at the end, the payment hasn't gone through and I haven't received an email.

I wondered if I had stupidly click off the website before the final step when nothing came through after half an hour so did the process again and double checked.  But nada - no pending payment on my credit card online and no confirmation email. 

Is this a known issue or have I just got caught out with some system gremlins?  I don't want to try again as I'm worried there are now a number of my attempts stuck in the system?  

No because at the end of the booking all you get is a Thank you, we look forward to seeing you on the Celebrity Apex and a message that a confirmation email has been sent to my email address - but it didn't.  If I didn't know better I'd think it was a dodgy website as I really did expect to see a reservation number after submitting my payment details.  

So no, don't have even a reservation number and as the lines are shut for the UK, it looks like I'll have to wait until the morning. 

Agree you will need to wait.  There are several websites that appear to be Celebrity Cruiselines whilst are either other companies or agencies.

I would check my credit card on line for a y charges.

FWIW, I would never book online.  Always use a TA (extra OBC or group rates) or a Celebrity travel planner.  The real website has lots of issues over the years.  Clearing your history and cookies might help.

Thanks I've had success at last!  Based on your comment about cookies I decided to just try on another device and it worked first time.  Now have my reservation and email. Thank goodness.  I think I had looked up this pricing so many times in the last week that my google chrome must have got itself into a right state.  

• Like 1

Hi @dritan, thank you for this thread, I've just head exactly the same experience. The site said booking confirmed and email sent but no email and no payment taken.

I noticed that the room I'd chosen was still available so I tried using Edge instead of Chrome. Booking confirmation details in full, reservation number and email received.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, I'd have been holding out for an email for a while otherwise.