Zaandam room power outlets (receptacles)

Wayfairers

I have several adapters to convert plugs from European plugs to US plugs (doesn’t include a transformer to convert the voltage).  We aren’t taking anything that requires a converter, but I have a converter that includes plug types used elsewhere in the world and I am wondering if I need to take the converter to be able to use another type of power outlet.  

Are power outlets in the rooms on the Zaandam all either European or US style or is there another style of plug in the room?

The only outlet in our entire room (OV) was above the desk.  I brought a multi-port charger so we didn’t have to take turns.  You can see a European outlet next to the North American one in this pic:

64E35DF2-439F-41C5-BA9F-634ED3E2C62E.thumb.jpeg.0607fcea05dc849499880cb3a5a0c3e3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

The only outlet in our entire room (OV) was above the desk.  I brought a multi-port charger so we didn’t have to take turns.  You can see a European outlet next to the North American one in this pic:

64E35DF2-439F-41C5-BA9F-634ED3E2C62E.thumb.jpeg.0607fcea05dc849499880cb3a5a0c3e3.jpeg

Thank you!   Good picture and info.

I’ll use multiple adapters while traveling on land in Europe before the cruise, but looks like I’ll only need one while on board.  

• Thanks 1

There is a US plug in the bathroom for shavers.  In Vista Suite staterooms, is one European and one USA plug at the desk as shown below (Not sure what the center plug is):

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-zaandam-staterooms/6217-7.jpg

Many newer electronic devices run on voltages from 110 - 240V so the European outlet would be useful with an adapter that converts to US plugs.  USB devices can be connected to a multiport adapter plugged into a laptop.

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

There is a US plug in the bathroom for shavers.  In Vista Suite staterooms, is one European and one USA plug at the desk as shown below (Not sure what the center plug is):

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-zaandam-staterooms/6217-7.jpg

Many newer electronic devices run on voltages from 110 - 240V so the European outlet would be useful with an adapter that converts to US plugs.  USB devices can be connected to a multiport adapter plugged into a laptop.

Thank you.   Great photo!

12 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Thank you!   Good picture and info.

I’ll use multiple adapters while traveling on land in Europe before the cruise, but looks like I’ll only need one while on board.  

I often bring the European adaptor USB hub, which frees up the US plus for other stuff

• Like 1